Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Building plans - how to add?

Almost two years ago I added some floor plans of buildings that I knew and excepted to be published but that never happened. Don't know why, maybe they weren't good or something like that but in any case I think I deserved at least some kind of response.

I love to give as much as info I can about everything and of course to Google Maps. I like when everything that you need is at one place. Maps have that goal. I really like that. But it's not always easy to brake through :-).

Serbia
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Building plans - how to add?

Yes, the location can be a factor, at this time it does not appear that Serbia is supported.  https://support.google.com/maps/answer/1685827

However, if you are not the copyright holder of the plan then Google will not be able to accept it.  Part of the process is for the copyright holder to give Googler permissions to use it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello @Anonymous,

Are you referring to Indoor Mapping?

If so, from where did you obtain your floor plans?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly about indoor mapping. Don't understand exactly question "from where did you obtain your floor plans?" I just simply have them. For example I imported one floor plan of my faculty because I already have them. Maybe the problem was because it is in the .pdf format and it's supposed to be something else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got it. The problem is in which country I'm trying to add plans. This is probably not supported in my country. I am from  Serbia, Southeast Europe.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Yes, the location can be a factor, at this time it does not appear that Serbia is supported.  https://support.google.com/maps/answer/1685827

However, if you are not the copyright holder of the plan then Google will not be able to accept it.  Part of the process is for the copyright holder to give Googler permissions to use it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Thanks. In every country, especially in my country that would be almost impossible to get. No one would ever give such permissions due to extremely strict laws. But thanks for answer 🙂

Connect Moderator

Yes, the intention of indoor mapping is to have the owners submit the floor plans themselves.

Connect Moderator

Yes, the intention of indoor mapping is to have the owners submit the floor plans themselves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!

Level 10

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got it. The problem is in which country I'm trying to add plans. This is probably not supported in my country. I am from  Serbia, Southeast Europe.

That may also be the case, @Anonymous. Here's a list of countries where the feature is available (and Serbia is not among them): 

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/1685827

The page is a bit misleading as it says "or upload an indoor map" but then on the page it links to it also says "You can only add a floor plan in a country that has indoor maps" - and you are back to square one.