Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Blocked edits on Google Maps

Hey,

I would like to know more about this type of edits on Google Maps

https://goo.gl/maps/uhtRUTpuvWF2

You cannot edit, or review them. I found many places blocked like this. I belive most of them were added when Map Maker was still in service.

Any ideas about this issue?

Vente du matériaux de construction, Taroudant, Maroc
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Blocked edits on Google Maps

Hello,

The map is made up of lines and points, but points can have the option of adding a polygon to it.

The rules of the map were that businesses should be added as points, but people added them as polygons thinking it would make them more prominent on the map.  Many mappers would refuse to follow that rule.  Even when polygons were appropriate the rule for most was to add them as an unnamed feature and then add a point to give the feature details.

Abuse of polygons resulted in the ability to add and edit them being turned off.  You can submit feedback within Maps saying these feature is an inappropriate polygon and needs to be deleted.  I cannot promise that the individual item will get fixed, but this at least let's Google know that you feel we need to be able to flag such items.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages