JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Best Practice: Improve your reputation

@JanVanHaver

I stumbled upon your series with tips and I find them very helpful. will go trough and see what I can learn from it. Thanks for sharing!

Level 10

Dear @JanVanHaver, hope all's well. Not sure about all lower case names. @Flash, can you please tell us if all lower case names are ok on Maps?? Thanks and kind regards from Osaka78

Connect Moderator

Hello @Osaka78forTRUMP, the guidelines from Google specifically mention that the names of businesses should be entered in the way as they are written on the website, the stationary, the storefront, etc. And in some cases this is all lower case.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Hello @JanVanHaver,

The rule to which you are referring is the rule that disallows descriptors and bylines.

The capitalization rule allows for stylized capitalization to match the way the company uses capitals, for example MoneyGram is allowed with the second G capitalized.  However, all capitals or all small letters, which is almost always done for emphasis, is not permitted.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

Just out of curiosity: does it work on your laptop but not on your mobile device? And if so: Android or iOS?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply