JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Best Practice: Find the right category

@JanVanHaver really liking the picture you chose to go with! Perfect!

Level 7

Thanks for the tip.

Level 8

Hi

@JanVanHaver

Excellent guidance. 

Keep it up. 

# HAPPY MAPPING #

Regards 

Nityananda Mishra
Level 8

Great tip @JanVanHaver!

I wonder if your Best Practice series can be pinned somewhere and shared as a link for new and even experienced LG to refer to?

I think they're great!

Connect Moderator

I secretly hope they will create a new board called 'Best practices' 🤣

But I already do include links to specific posts in replies I post on the forum. Obviously: feel free to do the same!

Another important post is one from my blog, about claiming business. I hope loads of people use it to spread the word

https://janvanhaver.com/2017/10/22/why-you-need-to-claim-your-company-on-google-maps/

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

@JanVanHaver wrote:

If you're at this point, you have made the invalid assumption that the categories in that list are the only ones you can choose from.

You should really only look at them as a kind of frequently used categories that are shown as examples.

In reality you can access almost 4.000 different categories (or 3.000 in most other languages).

The only thing you need to do is start typing the name of what you are looking for.

In the hair salon example, typing 'hair' will certainly show you the category you are looking for.

Yes, it is that easy.

Thank you for this !

I just wish I had come across such essential and pragmatic advice when I started contributing to Google Maps a few weeks ago.

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■
Level 9

if it's so i will try it.