JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Best Practice: Filtering 'Check the facts'

[As an experienced Local Guide, I now sometimes come across inconsistencies or notice that errors have been made that I used to make myself when I started out. So I am publishing a few 'best practice' posts, in the hope it can help others.]

For a lot of people, this tip will be of little value, as they have figured it out for themselves, but to some it still might be new: when using the mobile version of 'Check the facts' you can filter the type of facts you get presented for checking.

At the top of the screen, there are 2 lines with bullets (or icons if you prefer that term) - the top one represents the types of points of interest (food-related, culture-related, etc.), the bottom one represents the type of facts that need checking (category, phone, etc.). Which bullets are shown to you (sometimes only a few, at other times a long list) depends on what kind of points of interest are included in the area on the map you are looking at and your zoom level (the more you zoom out, the more bullets you will typically get to see - as a bigger area obviously contains much more points of interest).

Screenshot in Dutch, but you get the picture, right?Screenshot in Dutch, but you get the picture, right?
If you touch none of the bullets, you will be shown all possible points of interest where at least one fact needs checking. All bullets are grey then, which is the default situation. But as soon as you touch one of them, this bullet becomes blue, and the map then only shows the corresponding points of interest. If you e.g. click 'Phone' (and 'Phone' only), then only the points of interest will be shown where the phone number needs checking. A logical consequence: if you want to show all of them except for 1 specific category, you need to make all buttons blue except for that specific one.

Other posts in this series:
Best Practice: Entering Opening hours
Best Practice: ALL CAPS / all lowercase
Best Practice: Correcting pin location
Best Practice: Choosing a more specific category
Best Practice: Submit changes one by one
Best Practice: Find the right zoom level
Best Practice: Reporting duplicates
Best Practice: Adding places without house number
Best Practice: Correcting errors you accidentally made

Best Practice: Find the right category

Best Practice: Create on mobile / Complete on desktop

Best Practice: Improve your reputation

Best Practice: The best order for suggesting edits

Best Practice: Get rid of legal names

Best Practice: Attempts to add bus stop or train station

Disclaimer: the practices described here as best practice are my personal interpretation, and I don't claim any level of official endorsement.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
1 comment
Level 10

Re: Best Practice: Filtering 'Check the facts'

Great post @JanVanHaver

Thanks to help LG to know how to controcont in the good way