nEVeRmOre0069's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Basic Edit Suggestion Rejected

I recently made a marker movement edit. In my contributions, it says that the marker move was not applied. When I go to the map, it shows that it has been moved.

Just so it's clear, I moved the marker because Maps would never recognize my arrival and would go into a reroute loop and crash my phone (any of my phones). This is a justified movement of the marker to correct the error.

I am glad it shows as moved, but I am confounded why it shows "NOT APPLIED" under my contributions. Who took my edit credit? This is not a pedantic question: things for which credit is given should receive the credit they are due upon completion. 

If this is not posted in the appropriate place, I apologize. This seemed like the most appropriate place out of the available options.
Tom Thumb, Forest Lane, Dallas, TX, United States
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Basic Edit Suggestion Rejected

Hi @nEVeRmOre0069,

Sometimes there is a situation that your (or someone's else) edit is approved to the Google Map after waiting in a verification queue, but your next edit of the same feature of that POI also still pends in a verification queue after that.

When this pending edit is tried to be approved (or rejected) it's not possible to apply that change, because it's already approved by that previous edit.

So such a (second) change could not be applied.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

Re: Basic Edit Suggestion Rejected

Hi @nEVeRmOre0069 I feel bad about it, there may be several reasons why edits were “Not applied”.

• Spelling error (name of place or address)

• Wrong address

• Wrong location marker

• Wrong category

• Wrong phone number

• Wrong website

• The place has already been added by other users and approval is pending

I guess in your case some one might have already suggested the same edit which you suggested and it would be been in queue for approval, since that person approval might have approved at the time you suggested this might the reason your suggestion went to not applied.

Please read this post: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

I hope this helps 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.