cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Bank Name Change

@VargheseJ wrote:

Hi

In Kerala India , State Bank Of Travancore (SBT )is Renamed as( SIB ) State Bank of India as on 1 St April 2017 .

Is there any option for map maker to Replace the name instead of changing each and all ATM and Branch .

SBI, not SIB.  SIB is South Indian Bank.

Level 10

State Bank associate banks renamed as State Bank of India also getting rejected by Google, either added by me or upvoted by me.  I see updated photos being uploaded and still no use due to poor moderation by Google.

Level 7

@DilipC I absolutely agree, the steps to handle this change by Google have not been adequate nor smart. 

Especially since we know Google has the technology to do it - they have demonstrated it in past when they have updated commute routes within hours to reflect changes due to natural calamity or such. Maybe it boils down to the will to implement it. 

Connect Moderator
Solution

It has previously been noted that most, if not all, of these locations are claimed.

Google does have a solution in place, and that system is the owner claiming the features and then keeping them up to date.  Changing the names in bulk would be a 5 minute task for the bank; they just need to upload a new copy of the spreadsheet they have already used to manage these with the name updated for each location.

This same system prevents edits such as you are attempting to do.  When all the locations have been verified with the owner, and then you try to change the name of a single location to something completely different, that will be detected as most likely being an inappropriate edit.

Have these locations changed their signage?  Or have they just announced that they will be changing?  If the names haven't been changed at the branches then changing the name is not appropriate at this time and might be why the bank is waiting to do the bulk upload.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Most of the locations are independent addition and not claimed by banks as most details entered are inaccurate.

Signage has been changed with effect from April 1, and many local guides already uploaded photos with new signage.    

The merger was preplanned and at least 95% (or even 100%) State Bank Associate ATM had "State Bank ATM' boards instead of Their associate bank ATM

@GreggG wrote:

It has previously been noted that most, if not all, of these locations are claimed.

Google does have a solution in place, and that system is the owner claiming the features and then keeping them up to date.  Changing the names in bulk would be a 5 minute task for the bank; they just need to upload a new copy of the spreadsheet they have already used to manage these with the name updated for each location.

This same system prevents edits such as you are attempting to do.  When all the locations have been verified with the owner, and then you try to change the name of a single location to something completely different, that will be detected as most likely being an inappropriate edit.

Have these locations changed their signage?  Or have they just announced that they will be changing?  If the names haven't been changed at the branches then changing the name is not appropriate at this time and might be why the bank is waiting to do the bulk upload.

name.  Been trying to correct the entries added as associate bank ATM, and got rejected previously as well.

Level 7

@Flash 

1. I find most of the bank locations are NOT claimed. I did a search for State Bank of Bikaner And Jaipur, and I found all the locations around me, of ATM and Bank are added by community and none of them are claimed listing. 

The merger move was announced about six months back, and went into effect from 1st April 2017. So yes now signage at all locations are changed. I observed all branding for banks around me was changed on 1st April itself. 1st April is also a holiday for all banks, so it was possible for all the bank branches to undertake this branding change on that date. 

2. I have claimed listings, and I help manage about hundreds of local businesses manage their local listings, and I find that even local listing names can be changed based on community recommendations. 

For banks the priority to update on Google maps is not a priority - for us Local Guides, and Google's Map team it would be a priority to keep maps as accurate and updated as possible. It is thus that I feel that when LGs put in so much effort to keep maps updated and accurate, there should be reciprocation from maps team as well. 

Level 8

Re: [India] SBI Merger: Mapping the change

Hi ! @AradhanaB,

I happened to read your post today so my reply may or may not be relevant but just thought of posting the links for you.

Following is a link of a news article published on Feb 24 :

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/mf507dGEvv1gCGRknnY9GM/SBI-merger-with-five-associate-banks-from-1-...

Also, if you visit any of the SBI Associates Bank website you'll find this information, as an example I am posting a link to the State Bank of Patiala's website.

https://www.onlinesbp.com/

Please keep us updated on the action taken by Google Maps on this.

Cheers ! !

Level 1

Re: [India] SBI Merger: Mapping the change

SBT has merged with SBI (erstwhile State Bank of India) and not SIB (South Indian Bank) for better...all SBT employees have thus been upgraded henceforth; Jai shree Ram !

@Sariga wrote:

HI

@AradhanaB

it is better to have a find and replace , like Find all name State bank of Travancore or other Merged Banks To State Bank Of India , Other wise some may put as SBI instead State Bank of India.  (new board Display as SBI) .

An option to have a enter IFSC code is better because so many places will have more than one SBI Branch so it is difficult to identify . This can be a verification process also and duplicate could be avoided .

Example I have attempted to rename the bank in my Locality but approval may take time , So if a local guide adds a new Bank it may get approval soon .So there will be duplicate places .

While reporting a Problem on Photos it is better to have a option like Old Photograph instead of wrong place .

http://app.mapmyindia.com/sbifinder/ Location

https://bankifsccode.com/

https://bankifsccode.com/STATE_BANK_OF_INDIA/KERALA/KOTTAYAM/ETTUMANOOR  https://bankifsccode.com/

Level 1

SBT has merged with SBI (State Bank of India) and not SIB (south Indian Bank) for benefit of its employees as well by upgradation to a larger employer with maximum branches in the World ! Jai shree Ram !