bounderdr's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Automatic rejection of moving markers to their correct locations and adding places

I have made several attempts at moving schools, churches, and business markers from either rice fields or in back lots to their proper locations.  I have also made attempts to add places within my immediate area.  Unfortunately, I am immediately rejected (posted as NOT  APPLIED) by the automated system.  I have lived in this area for seven years.  I know where schools, churches, and businesses belong on Google Maps.  It is frustrating to correct errors only to be flippantly rejected.  I live here.  I know where places are.  However, it is unfair to the unfamiliar public to be misled by your automated systems inability to  accept or confirm what is correct....or at least have a physical person confirm or deny the change/addition. 

I am not giving up at making my area Google Map Friendly and I will continue to try and get things changed for the sites benefit, but at the present time, it is very disappointing and frustrating to even continue on.

Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental, Western Visayas, Philippines
2 comments
Level 6

Re: Automatic rejection of moving markers to their correct locations and adding places

Well, I can't tell you the solution, but I might know the reason, or at least part of it. Or my problem might be completely different. Anyway, I live in a smallish town in the states, 30 minutes from New Orleans, and any suggested edits here, have a response pretty quick, and actually corrects it to what I said. Now, 30 minutes to my north, I visit a friend out there, and there's a little store by his house, whose marker is nearly half a mile from it! I even provide a picture of where it is when I request an edit, and it still gets denied!? But here's the thing, the first time, it was "pending approval" for over 3 months!! So maybe size of the town has something to do with it. I always assumed someone from Google ultimately checks our edits, or other local guides do. I know that when I reached a certain level, I became able to check the edits submitted by others. One last thing, is the map below showing where you are? In the Philippines? 

We will never progress as a society, or evolve as human beings, until bettering each other, becomes just as important, if not more, than bettering ourselves.
Level 7

Re: Automatic rejection of moving markers to their correct locations and adding places

My tiny community, actually it is called a municipality here, has a population of 108,000 residents.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have the services a city of that size would provide in the states.  Being at Level 5 now allows some rudimentary changes.  Examples are: taking markers from their wrong locations to their correct locations.  However, I am unable to put names to streets, nor am I able to get streets that don't exist removed or streets that do exist (but aren't on the map) added.  I realize that I am just one contributor among hundreds of thousands or more.

I am located in the Philippines.  Since I do not see the map you are referring to, it is impossible to confirm or deny your observation.  Suffice it to say, I have discovered this little corner to be a quaint and peaceful backwater from the hustle of bustle of civilization.  I think they need an area or district volunteer to assist on matters such as street naming or confirm that roads are correct (one road south of me is marked completely wrong, while another goes through two wheel trails instead of the correct gravel one). 

All you can do is continue to try to improve the system no matter how slow or how long it takes.