bcanote's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Automated System Kicking Back "Not Applied"

I am a fairly new Local Guide, and thus far have not encountered any problems. Recently though I tried to add a missing place, The Bierman Small Event Center in Moberly, Missouri. It was instantly kicked back as "Not Applied." So, I tried again using my phone and added a photo of the place. The system still kicked back, "Not Applied" instantly again. It was a matter of seconds, and I doubt any human would have responded so quickly. The address is correct, the marker was placed correctly, I added a photo, and the phone number was taken from their Facebook Page. As far as I know, everything was accurate. I could not add more information as the business has no website, and does not have regular business hours. I did add a photo. I have added other places with as little information, and they come back as "Applied" or "Pending." This is the first I have gotten the response of "Not Applied."

I have read the post about why you may get a "Not Applied," and I understand the reasons for it. I also know that at Level 4, my contributions do not carry as much weight as more experienced users. However, I can make no sense of the automated system is giving "Not Applied" as opposed to "Pending" instantly. I have added other places, and if not instantly applied, they were at least listed as pending. Some still are pending waiting human verification. The place exists, and there are numerous places on the web one can see that. The business has a Facebook page, there is a story in the local paper on the business online, and it is listed in various business listings online. I think it could be verified if the automated system were not kicking back, "Not Applied." I guess I am not so much asking for answers, as expressing frustration with the automated system.

214 North 4th Street, Moberly, MO, United States
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Automated System Kicking Back "Not Applied"

Hello,

Multiple businesses can share an address, so this will not be the issue.

What is a strong possibility is that there is already a pending edit to add the place, so your edit would be a duplicate.  This could include both that someone else has added it via Maps or that the place has already applied via GMB.

It is still highly recommended that they apply via GMB if they have not already done so.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 10

@bcanote How much information did you fill out initially? I find it is best to just have the official name, address & phone number... then fill in the rest after the addition has been approved.

Since it is a relatively small town, have you thought of helping them to add their business to Google Business? that will solve a whole heck lot of headache. It seems the address on Google is tied to the old tenant and their phone number 606 4##-5### is not that common on a Google search.

Level 5

@WetCoastCanuck I added the official name, the address, and the phone number initially as that was all the information I had. When I tried a second time, I did the same, but added a photo. In the past I have added places with just the name, address, and phone number, and they came up as "Pending" or "Applied."

Level 5

@WetCoastCanuck that never occurred to me that the address was tied to an old tenant. I had thought about doing as you suggested and contact the business to see if they would start a Google Business Page. I suppose that is the easiest solution.

Level 10

I think it will be easiest to get them to just do Google My Business themselves.

Too bad a lot of the information like the phone numbers etc are imprinted in the pictures in the newspaper articles (e.g. their opening) and Google can't index them properly.

Level 10

@bcanote wrote:

@WetCoastCanuck that never occurred to me that the address was tied to an old tenant. I had thought about doing as you suggested and contact the business to see if they would start a Google Business Page. I suppose that is the easiest solution.

If you search the address, the old tenant called TheArtDepartment will show up. Google probably haven't even figured out it had closed!

Level 5

@WetCoastCanuck I think you have fallen on the reason for the "Not Applied" in this case. I will approach the business about starting a Google My Business page. If they so one that will certainly get them placed! 🙂

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

Multiple businesses can share an address, so this will not be the issue.

What is a strong possibility is that there is already a pending edit to add the place, so your edit would be a duplicate.  This could include both that someone else has added it via Maps or that the place has already applied via GMB.

It is still highly recommended that they apply via GMB if they have not already done so.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

@Flash thanks! That makes sense. I have contacted the business about setting up a GMB page. Hopefully, they will if they are not in the process already. 

Level 5

Bierman's responded to me. They are already in the process of getting a GMB page, and are just waiting verification. That is why my submission was getting kicked back! @Flash you hit the nail on the head.