Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Solution

Re: Ask to reinstate one landmark on Maps by Google. Two addresses with same name at the same place

I think this could require an escalation to some Googler, but here i'm not able to do so: if you want you can try to replicate into more appropriate board Google Maps and Earth support forum as for Gus advice (https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Posting-on-quot-Mapping-your-World-quot-Boa...) and i will try to escalate.

Level 10

Re: Ask to reinstate one landmark on Maps by Google. Two addresses with same name at the same place

Many thanks dear @LucioV, That will be a good suggestion 🙏🏻

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 9
Level 9

@AmirN wrote:

Still the link works but it is not on the map anymore. I think Google can reinstate it like previously did.

If the link works then the listing is live and the map is acting normally. There is nothing to fix here (except that there seems to be two listings for the same square, so that is duplication)

You've said several times that you want Google to reinstate it like it previously did. Here's a guess what happened: the listing appears and disappears as the algorithms decides. When the listing was 'hidden' you asked Google to reinstate it. Google did nothing but the algorithm later showed it to you again so you assumed your request had been acted upon. The algorithm then decided not to show you a map marker so you assumed a 'spammer' had done something.

@AmirN wrote:

when one user remove one tourism locations with many information from the map this is not only a mistake. This is deliberate action and is kind of spam.

Just because a feature has lots of information doesn't necessarily mean it belongs on the map. Removing it would not be a kind of spam

Level 10

@Pea I don't think so because in previous removal, I've even checked it on Map Maker (when it was available) and it showed removal as edit and after that it showed reinstating by Google. And about current situation also I thinks this is a removal. But recently I noticed that even if users remove one POI from the map (notice: exactly successful remove action), if we have one kind of links, we can use it and see it's info but that POI is no longer available as icon or on searches and as you can see no time guide after removal (while previously it had). In fact the listings removed from the map but hidden link 

exists.

And about duplication I should again and again remind you that this is a landmark contains also a plaza and although it's name is "Valiasr Square" it not refers only to the square for routing. I don't know how should I convince you in this case. But as a example I mention one of the most known examples in this case "Tiananmen Square". It's name contains square but it is a landmark and tourist attraction.

Level 9
Level 9

@AmirN wrote:

as a example I mention one of the most known examples in this case "Tiananmen Square". It's name contains square but it is a landmark and tourist attraction.

Often a feature on the map could be thought of to fall into mutliple categories, but that doesn't mean it should have multiple listings. If there is more than one "Tiananmen Square" listing then it should be marked as a duplicate

Level 10

You misunderstand it @Pea. I told there is no problem if the name of one POI contains the word "Square".

Although the route nearby has same name, this is real POI with real name and no problem to being added to the map. These two do not refers to same thing. There is no discussion in this case. My request was to restore data.

Former Google Contributor

@Amiran - We will take a look at your report.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

Many thanks dear @GusMoreira. Every time you make me relax. Your attention and responses are really valuable for us.

Thanks a lot

Level 10

Dear AmirN

Thanks or your answer: "Maybe there be difficult for unfamiliar people but what should we do when they really exist with such name? Street is one thing and POI is another so I don't know why people confused with these two. While photos are completely obvious."

People make mistakes, I don't blame them, I also make mistake. For example I sometime upload photo at the wrong place, most often when I don't double check a place proposed by Google Maps or Google photo from the location tag on the photo. Therefore systems should help people avoid mistake. If a system give the same name to two different places, there may be a higher probability that some people will not upload photo at the right place.

Even when the name are different, there are errors in the upload of photos. I took your example of Tiananmen Square. I found two locations on the square: Monument to the People's Heroes and Mausolée de Mao Zedong. So people can upload photos on three places, I did a quality check:

1. Tiananmen Square. 164 photos, 4 photos at the wrong location  : looks like the Great wallthe China railway museum, an hostel, the National Museum of China. Default is 4/164 or 2.4%
  2. Monument to the People's Heroes: 186 photos, 15 photos of mausolée de Mao Zedong: 1 Jerome Munchenberg 2 whereishawkins 3 Jerome Munchenberg 4 jmsbandara5José Luis Basterra Molina 6circle wong 7 Hk Zhou 8 池内敏樹  9 liangzi9 10Andrea Longinotti 11 Andrea Longinotti 12 kevin lee 13 国家博物馆2010 14 David Nurse 15 adog; 12 photos  of other locations : 方碧珊 Daniel Sousa Barbosa 方碧珊 方碧珊 Jerome Munchenberg 李子涵  方碧珊 方碧珊 AVI RAHAMIM 方碧珊  Peter Mok. Default is 27/186 or 14.5%
  3. Mausolée de Mao Zedong: 137 photos, 5 photos do not show or do not seem to be related to the mausolée: MichalZielinski Minh Nguyen  Philippe Bignens  兰云杰  Tanja Flunger. Default is 5/137 or 3.6%

I decided to give a feedback for each photo that seems to be at a wrong location, I get pestered by Google Maps after 6 feedback:Capture écran Google pester me.JPGCheers