rajeshbm29's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Approved and published missing place does not appear in maps. Why?

I have added a missing place called "Geetha Store Amazon" on Google maps. It has been approved and published. I have received a confirmation mail as well. But when I search the place in Google Maps, it returns no results. I have tried a number of times from different accounts, logging out as well, but no result is coming.
Also it does not show in the map.
Why is this happening? I want the place to appear in search result in Google Maps. Also it should show in the map. Please help. What is going wrong here?

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Approved and published missing place does not appear in maps. Why?

Hello @rajeshbm29 it's taking some time appear on Google maps. 

You can check this place in "Your Contribution" tab. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 5

It will take some time before the place appear

Level 3

how long does it takes to appear publicly?

@opie wrote:

It will take some time before the place appear

Level 3

how long does it takes to appear publicly?

Connect Moderator

Hello,

While a feature is added to the map as soon as you receive the message that it has been added, it can take a few minutes to a few hours for it to be propagated to all the servers around the world.

In addition, Search is a separate product and thus it can take up to a day or two for information to propagate to it and be indexed.

If enough time has passed that you would expect it to appear in a search of the map, please provide the complete details of the feature you added so we can advise further.

The details should include the name of the feature, the address, the phone number, the website and the GPS location; along with the date and time of the approval.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 3

Respected sir, This is 4th day and it has been more than 80 hours. So please help me. As the place is not appearing in google maps or be it uber or ola cabs.... etc..

Connect Moderator

There are millions of places on the map; until you provide the details requested we will not be able to guess which of the million you are speaking about.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 2

Sir, Full address;-- Geetha Store Amazon. 

29,1st cross,Jarakbandekaval,Yelahanka Rd,Bengaluru,Karnataka,560064,India

@Flash wrote:

There are millions of places on the map; until you provide the details requested we will not be able to guess which of the million you are speaking about.

Level 2

Yes Sir, the other local guide was right.The place called Geetha Store Amazon is not appearing in the google maps. Thats why i completely provided full address in the above comment.