ZakkL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Any updates on Map Maker features coming to Google Maps?

Just curious if there are any new developments in the ability to draw in streets in Google Maps like we were able to do in Map Maker? If not, what is the best way to go about getting streets added to Google Maps? What kind of turn around times are currently being seen?

10 comments
Level 7

Re: Any updates on Map Maker features coming to Google Maps?

I have seen nothing specific from Google regarding which MM capabilities will be added to Gmaps; which users will be able to use them; nor when they will be available.

Level 9

Thanks for the reply. This sucks lol

Level 10

Level 9

But Google is super sloooooow. There are people that are living in communities built by some of our real estate developer clients that don't have their streets mapped. We used to be able to help them out with Map Maker, but now we are powerless and Google doesn't seem to be making much progress in this area.

Level 9

Map Maker features are desperately needed given it takes forever for reports to be fixed. I'd much rather add roads myself than rely on someone who doesn't know the road (especially if it's not visible in satellite imagery). A new road is opening today and only a tiny portion of it is currently on Maps, despite there being updated imagery showing the full length of the road available on Google Earth. 

Level 9

No Googlers to comment on this yet?

Level 10

Dear @ZakkL, hope all's well. We wrote a letter to Google about it: List of Maps Users who Love Line Editing. 🙂 Kind regards from Osaka78

Level 9

@Osaka78forTRUMP Thanks for letting me know. I just put my username on the list. Has ANYONE heard anything from a Googler? Out of all the discussions on Local Guides Connect are the Googlers just avoiding this? I'm curious what the adding of streets has been like since they got rid of Regional Leads and Map Maker. I'd assume that they've seen pretty steep decline in streets being added. It seems like if this keeps up, Google Maps will start to become irrelevant pretty quickly. I know where I'm at in Texas, they are building streets and houses like CRAZY. All these people can't give directions to their homes because Google won't let us draw their streets in. 

Connect Moderator

Hello,

Google rarely announces their future intentions or gives timelines, they are in a competition with other businesses and cannot simply outline their plans for everything.  I would not anticipate that anyone that knows the answers to your questions will make a statement before anything official is announced.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages