GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: An Update on the Map Edits Review Process

> Just edited a local lunch business. Changed owner - changed name and phone number. Instant NOT APPLIED. This is absurd.

If the name and phone number have changed, then I think it counts as a new business. You should mark the old one as closed and create a new listing for the new business. If a McDonald's changed ownership, though, the phone number would likely not change.

Nigel Allen
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Connect Moderator

@del3d,

A place on the map represents a particular business at a particular location.  If either of those changes then the same POI should not normally be used.  From your description you should be marking the place as closed and making a new POI to represent the new place.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Hi,l everyone!

Two questions for you.

I submitted a new restaurant back in November. I tried twice. It kept getting denied. I had posted the website, hours, phone number, pictures and more. It kept saying "not applied".

Later, someone else posted the same location, and surging was accepted. It was frustrating to lose all the points and task credits I would have gotten, as it was a lot of work and research to get everything and do it twice. Will Google honor those, since it seemed to be a result of this algorithm issue?

Also, my original pictures (some of the best I've taken, IMHO, were randomly associated to just my city, and not the location that was later created. I've searched thet forums, and there does not appear to bw a way to correct the location. So, I tried to re-add the picture to the new location, but it won't find them (when I go to the date they were taken, they are not there). Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Level 7

This is still an issue for me, as of 2018-03-19.

Despite sending in photos of 2 places showing that really do exist, Google Maps has "Not Applied" the edits. Why is this, please?

One place was a restaurant. I had submitted details, as well as photos of their opening hours and even photos inside and of their menu.

Connect Moderator

Hello @AnotherUser,

What you are experiencing would be unrelated to this issue; it was resolved.

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.  If you choose to do so, please start a new thread.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 7

Thank you.

I read the info at the link you provided but still cannot understand when I send information from my phone, within the Map app, including a photo of a street that exists, standing at that street with a photo I have just taken, it is denied. 

When I am at the restaurant, providing photos as required of the opening hours, filling in all the fields as possible, and the place created is denied.

I would like to think that that is showing trustworthiness.

But thank you for the information anyway.

Level 7

I'm quite sure the good people at Google do al they can and if they say they found the problem and implemented a fix, I'm likely to believe that.  HOWEVER, that fix doesn't seem to do it for me.  At first, I thought some LG kept refusing my new locations, but it appears the system keeps rejecting them instantly.  Contrary to most problems in this thread, I'm not trying to add a new business, but two public non-business places: a historical building and a cemetary.  Both existed for several decades and are clearly visible on satellite images.

The cemetary is located at 51.158381, 4.449116 and is still in use (there are several pages on the town website to be found about it).

The historical building is actually the old town hall which is a classified building in which ceremonies are held (weddings and such) and is located at 51.155247, 4.445732 (next to a recently built restaurant on the town square).

Any thoughts on how these can be added? Should I contact Google directly and have them add these places?

Level 9

Find out the exact street address and official name and phone number of the cemetery and the old town hall and use them when you create the listing.

Nigel Allen
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Connect Moderator

@IbanV,

No one has all their edits; even moderators and Googlers get edits denied.  As Nigel has said, getting more details is always the best way to get your edit approved.

You also have the option of creating a ntew thread o provide all the data of a failed edit including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts in this forum can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Level 10

Yes @GusMoreira

Sincere approach of each LG is required.

BHASI BAHULEYAN