AlexanderRex's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Additional reward points for photos when creating a new place on the map?

Do the guides receive reward points for photos when adding photos when creating a new place on the map? Or is it better to add photos later to get extra points?

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Additional reward points for photos when creating a new place on the map?

Hello @AlexanderRex, I'm not sure about that, but here is a post that you might find interesting if you want to maximize the number of points you get when adding a missing place:

Best Practice: Create on mobile / Complete on desktop
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Best-Practice-Create-on-mobile-Complete-on-...

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Former Google Contributor

Hey @AlexanderRex,

Feel free to check out this page for more information on points and how they relate to your contributions on Maps. Additionally, this is a great reference for how points are tallied and applied to your profile.

Don't hesitate to reach out should you have any additional questions. 

Level 6

@ArielleM_None of these two pages answers my particular question.  When I add new place it does not matter how many photos I add during creation, I  get only 15 points! But if I add photos later to the created place I can get additional points. Otherwise, am I  not rewarded for photos added to the new place?