SupunN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Adding missing roads (walking , cycling and even vehicles) inside a cemetery - Sri Lanka

Hi there,

I'm from Sri Lanka and we are currently working on a project for the  "Borella General Cemetery, Colombo, Sri Lanka". This area is very vast and inside there are lot of roads exist but unfortunately in the current google map we only can see very few roads. What we want to do is add these missing roads there so we can implement our system well and people can use google navigation and other facilities well. This is just not a local cemetery but it is kind of a museums even to foreigners specially there are lot of foreign burials  exist  from 18th century. So people come to find their relatives and love ones but unfortunately they can't find due to lack of information. So we are going to computerize as all the things now we have is paper based and most of these record books are destroyed. So this is very crucial thing to achieve even it is a cemetery. I personally collected the Geo points of the roads and recorded paths using a drone recently too. I planned to go few more times in future to cover the whole area. So if you can help me to achieve this it will be a great help.

Plz note that I still can't get the update to edit roads in desktop , android or ios as you post described. 

Thanks 

Borella General Cemetery, Colombo, Sri Lanka
21 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Adding missing roads (walking , cycling and even vehicles) inside a cemetery - Sri Lanka

Hello,

Advanced road editing is a feature not yet ported from Map Maker to Maps.  There is some simple editing of roads available through Send Feedback; and in many ways it is more a reporting system than an editing system.

For addition of roads the only option at this time is to report a missing road.  You can do so via the Send Feedback option, there is then a specific option of "Report Missing Road" in the Feedback menu.  Google will then need to verify it through their resources, and if they are able to do so they will add it to the map.  You should be aware that there is a large queue and thus adding such features may take some time.

When doing so, please be aware that no third party maps or other references can be used.  It it is of course best if the road is visible in the aerials; if not it would be helpful if you include in the Add A Note field a link to a GPS track should you have one.  Lacking that, mentioning the exact GPS start and stop would be helpful.

Also note that you should only fill in a name if it is a proper name.  Descriptions such as "Connector road" or even just "road" should not be used; it is acceptable to have unnamed roads on the map.  You must include something in the note field in order to be able to save an unnamed road.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Adding missing roads (walking , cycling and even vehicles) inside a cemetery - Sri Lanka

Hello,

Advanced road editing is a feature not yet ported from Map Maker to Maps.  There is some simple editing of roads available through Send Feedback; and in many ways it is more a reporting system than an editing system.

For addition of roads the only option at this time is to report a missing road.  You can do so via the Send Feedback option, there is then a specific option of "Report Missing Road" in the Feedback menu.  Google will then need to verify it through their resources, and if they are able to do so they will add it to the map.  You should be aware that there is a large queue and thus adding such features may take some time.

When doing so, please be aware that no third party maps or other references can be used.  It it is of course best if the road is visible in the aerials; if not it would be helpful if you include in the Add A Note field a link to a GPS track should you have one.  Lacking that, mentioning the exact GPS start and stop would be helpful.

Also note that you should only fill in a name if it is a proper name.  Descriptions such as "Connector road" or even just "road" should not be used; it is acceptable to have unnamed roads on the map.  You must include something in the note field in order to be able to save an unnamed road.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 7

@SupunN wow, what a great project you involved in. Unfortunately, google map doesn't allow to draw road at the moment, hope they will add it soon. if there are existing road segment you can edit details. Click this link to more details Edit Road Segment  

Anyway welcome to LocalGuideConnect. We have a Sri Lanka Local Guide Community please join for more details about latest meetups and events Sri Lanka Local Guides unofficial community and Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group.

Please Introduce Yourself on this post too. Thanks you

Level 7

Route correction

a cordial greeting

How can I update the route to get to a site?

It is a place that if it is located on the map but when it is put as a destination to arrive with the assistance of google maps, sends by an incorrect route, (4 hours) even indicates that it is necessary to make a section with walk.

There is a dirt road that reaches right up to the point.

The place is an ecological inn and I think it should be very well promoted and tourists do not arrive with the current instructions

The access point is very blurred and the streets and roads leading to the place can not be distinguished in just 1h30 min, so you can not precisely mark the correct route

https://goo.gl/maps/VmRkhN3QTF82

Connect Moderator

Re: Route correction

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find that most questions have already been answered in the forum.  To avoid repetition, we ask that you first search both Maps support and this forum for answers before posting a question.

I will merge your thread with an existing thread that asks how to add a road.

Level 3

Add New Roads/Streets

How do i add a new road/street?

Level 7

Re: Add New Roads/Streets

Connect Moderator

HI @clarkcrystal50 You can send feedback to Google maps about missing road/street.

Add a missing road
  • Open the Google Maps appGoogle Maps
  •  Tap Menu MenuSend feedback  >  Report missing road.
  • To report your issue, follow the instructions.
  • Tap Send.

Add Road.jpg

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

You will find that most questions have already been answered in the forum. To avoid repetition, we ask that you first search both Maps support and this forum for answers before posting a question.

I will merge your thread with an existing thread that asks how to add a road.

Level 5

How to add a Missing road segment in Google Maps?

Please help me by describing how to add missing roads in to Google Maps.....