Fabio_Mologni's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Adding cycling routes

There's no map maker anymore and the cycling layer of my area is pretty poor. Any solution? There's any way to change the attributes of a road?

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Adding cycling routes

Hello,

At this time there is no way to edit such details.  You could submit a request via "Send Feedback -> Other feedback", but there is no guarantee as to how that will be treated; they might change the attributes for you or they might just log it to help decide the priority of it being added in the future to Maps editing.  You should know that the queue for Other Feedback is extremely long and to add routes within a network you'd have to make multiple such requests.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

At this time there is no way to edit such details.  You could submit a request via "Send Feedback -> Other feedback", but there is no guarantee as to how that will be treated; they might change the attributes for you or they might just log it to help decide the priority of it being added in the future to Maps editing.  You should know that the queue for Other Feedback is extremely long and to add routes within a network you'd have to make multiple such requests.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Fabio_Mologni wrote:

There's no map maker anymore and the cycling layer of my area is pretty poor. Any solution? There's any way to change the attributes of a road?

Hie @Fabio_Mologni as our Connect Moderator @Flash mentioned there is no particular way to edit a road information try sending feedback. 

Here is the video link. 

https://youtu.be/vgk1FXahEvQ

Happy mapping 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

Thank you @Flash and @deepakjhic for the answers. Hopefully in the future Google will add this possibility. 

Level 5

I am totally in favour of updating Google with Non motorized Trails and pathways.  Since Mapmaker has closed the map of the community has stayed static. Parks and Trails in the area are not shown correctly and there's not much you can do about updating them. 

Level 5

This is a big weakness of current Local Guides methodology. I have pathways data to share and google has no methods to insert data. 

Level 8

Is there any news or update on this situation? I would love to be able to help with mapping more cycle routes. Google Maps is such a great tool for pulling together the routes into one easy to use resource.

I know we can use the feedback function, but its really unwieldy for large sections of unmapped paths.

Thanks!

Level 5

It would be nice if Google updated this.

Level 10

Dear FabioMMM, hope all's well. We wrote a letter to Google about it: List of Maps Users who Love Line Editing. Everyone who loves line editing is welcome and invited to add their name to the list. Kind regards from Osaka78

Level 8

@Osaka78forTRUMP wrote:

Dear FabioMMM, hope all's well. We wrote a letter to Google about it: List of Maps Users who Love Line Editing. Everyone who loves line editing is welcome and invited to add their name to the list. Kind regards from Osaka78

Thanks for that Osaka78; I've added my name to the list too!