LyndaH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Adding a New stretch of highway

Hi! A new stretch of one of Tokyo's principal highways will open on Sunday. The last time they opened one of the new sections it took weeks for maps to update. What can I do to make sure that this new stretch is added as soon as possible. It is an important highway that will link some areas to Narita Airport and in my opinion it is in Google's best interest to add it the day it opens. 

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you,

Lynda

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Adding a New stretch of highway

Requests are not read and started the moment you submit them, so even for a simple request this likely would not have been enough time.

For something as complex as a highway they are going to need to confirm it's existence, find an acceptable source for the data, and map the data.  You can expect this to take some time.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 7

Anyone? 

The road is open and in use. And I am dying to find out how much shorter my commute to Narita airport will be! 😄

Connect Moderator

Roads can only be added via the tool Map Maker, and Japan is not available in Map Maker.

Please use Feedback to report the road as missing, and Google employees will attempt to verify and add it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 7

Thank you very much @Flash

Level 7

I have sent messages through the feedback section and made comments on Map maker and everywhere I can think of, but the new stretch of highway has still not been added to Google Maps. I have checked most of the map sites here in Japan (Yahoo, Mapion, Navitime etc) and they are all up to date. 

Any other suggestions or do we just have to wait? 

Connect Moderator
Solution

Requests are not read and started the moment you submit them, so even for a simple request this likely would not have been enough time.

For something as complex as a highway they are going to need to confirm it's existence, find an acceptable source for the data, and map the data.  You can expect this to take some time.

Level 7

Will these help I wonder. I have roughly highlighted the new stretch of road in RED as is shown on three different map makers here in Japan. 

New stretch of highway on Ken-o expressway YAHOO.jpgNew stretch of highway on Ken-o expressway NAVITIME.jpgNew stretch of highway on Ken-o expressway MAPION.jpg