Elzerbi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Adding Places

Hi Google team Hi all friends Although the Internet very weak I am still fighting under the sunlight for hours to add more and more places in my country and my city but I satisfied to help millions people but I have many problems 1- I have many places pending and I can't review or add photos to them 2- When try to check the facts of places in next time I found them still need check 3- When I try to uncover missing info in next time I found them still  need cover. It is very hard to back to the same place to add information.  I need your help to solve these problems please. Thanks all. Elzerbi
Elzerbi
Al Marj, Marj District, Libya
3 comments
Level 9

Re: Adding Places

Hello @Elzerbi

You do not have go to go back to that place again to edit or add a place all the time , If You know the place perfectly you can use GPS and point to that exact location and go to that place directly on the maps and make edits or add a place or do any kind of contributions 🙂

Hope this helps and answers your query .

Level 8

With my flow, you don't need answers from Google. I go around and just take pictures, that will already get me the name of the place, sometimes the phone and even opening hours (doors) and most important, GPS location. Take 20-30-50 pics, download to my PC, then open the images with FastStone Image Viewer, only because it gives me the option top open Google Maps on the image location and even drag them into Google Maps add photo popup. First I search if the place doesn't already exist, if not create missing place. Wait 7 to 10 days, and bang ! , 99% get published at once, the rest, sometimes in the future. Some get published right away. Only a few get the  "not applied", I try again next day and get's accepted at the end. Once they are all published, I simply drop the images, phone etc. I don't see a problem here, yes it may sometimes take weeks, but it's OK, since I'm doing it all the time. It works for me.

GMPublished.jpg

Level 8

I agree with @DanielArnolf because I do exactly the same and I also carry a wee notebook with me to make notes about those businesses that I need to follow up in a few days. I hope this is helpful @Elzerbi