mdjw's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Adding Places!!

Hi, Is it possible to add a park or recreational area to google maps. There is a park near me that I cant see listed and would like to add it, but there doesn't seem to be an appropriate category. It is a park that is popular with dog walkers etc, and is actually trying to apply for "local nature reserve" status. Locally, it is referred to as "Peartree Green" and can be found here, the area between Hazel Rd and Peartree Avenue.

Many thanks

9 comments
Level 8

Re: Adding Places!!

Hi @mdjw,

Using English language, there is a category called "Dog Park" in Desktop Maps.

Level 6

Great, thank you - I will take a look.

Level 9
Level 9

Dog Park would not be a good category. Just because people walk their dog in a park doesn't make it a Dog Park. 

Park and Garden would be appropriate 

Level 6

Hi, I have attempted to add the site and think I may be doing something wrong. I assume I make all suggestions via Google maps, and have been on there to try and suggest an edit. It seems to be heavily weighted towards adding a business , when I actually want to add a park. This is a pic of the area I am on about, the area drawn (badly!) in blue should be green on the map, to represent the fact its a park (or area of open space / wildlife) - like areas nearby. The colour Google have given would suggest that it is an industrial area. So, I guess that is my question...how do I get that area changed to green, and a place mark naming it "Peartree Green". If I click on "Report a data problem" I can only report on roads around that area. 

Many thanks

Pic1.PNG

Level 6

Sorry, have noticed something else....that small area of green that is within the blue outlined area I have drawn, is where a church is located. Its marked on Google earth, but not in Google maps. Its actually the oldest Anglican Church in the world.

http://www.peartreechurch.org.uk/ 

How can I add that?

Many thanks

Level 9
Level 9

The church is already mapped but the marker pin was in the wrong place, I've moved it and the edit is Pending.

Level 8

Hi @mdjw,

What we can do is, we add the Park as a Point.

When it is approved, it might be just got published as a Point only.  When Google revisted the area, they usually will update the Area of the Park then it will be shown as Green.

Of course there are always exceptions.  Please see https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/A-Park-is-not-rendered-in-Green/m-p/15351 

Level 9
Level 9
Level 6

Thanks for your help!

I have submitted a feedback form to try and get the park changed to green and labelled "Peartree Green"