Semmy-de-Nada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Adding An Individual Shop Inside A Shopping Mall

@Semmy-de-Nada, if you do not wish to share the screenshot then the best advice we can offer is to use "Send Feedback -> Other Feedback" and describe what changes are required.  This likely would be our advice if you did share a screenshot, but there is always a possibility we could have spotted a procedural error that caused the denial.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

Go to the store. On your phone, make sure that location services and the GPS antenna are on. Open the Google Maps app and tap the hamburger menu at top left. Scroll down and tap 'Add a missing place'. Fill in the Place name, Address and Category. You can also add the phone, hours, website info and snap a photo or two of the place.

Level 10

Hy Guys... I noticed following...

When a mall is drawn, and has a name (i.e.Mall) and the name is applied to the drawn object it is enough to put the name in an address field in this way...

Address HouseNo, Mall, PostOfficeNo, City, Country

if data is coherent and applicable, the edit will pass...

In this way I resolved quite some POI's of businesses that named their stores i.e. "Bussiness Name - Mall"

Connect Moderator

Hi @VlLo,

It is not necessary to include the mall name in the address at all.  The relationship is auto detected by algorithms that then add the name before the address.  If you put the mall name in the address then it ends up appearing twice, like the below example.

I'm going to make a post soon on how addressing works within Google Maps, but suffice to say there is no field in which the mall name belongs, even if the name is normally quoted in addresses.

The mall name does not belong in either the name field or the address, please don't feel that you need to preserve it when you are correcting places.

Screenshot_20170406-093734.png

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 10

Hi @Flash,

Sorry to see input like this, but app apparently works in a different way around here...!?

I'm attaching mobile GMaps screenshot of POI edited by me... desktop maps shows different (incomplete) info about POI ?!?

Also (it looks like some bug in background data) data sometimes gets duplicated as if two POI got merged and print-out looks somewhat like Your screenshot... only that info about Mall does not get duplicated, but parts of address data, mostly PostOfficeNo ...

Screenshot_2017-04-18-10-13-13.png

Level 8

Hello @Flash

I have followed this thread and gathered necessary documents according to policy. 

Please guide on the subject above, I want to add a mall then the shops inside.

Thank you!

Level 8

@Semmy-de-Nada wrote:

How do I add a single shop inside a shopping mall correctly?

The shopping mall itself is listed correctly in Google Maps and I need to use the very same address
to register individual shops. How do I do this correctly?

Hi @Semmy-de-Nada any luck with this? Am trying to add a mall with singles shops inside but I still can't. Please advice 

Connect Moderator

Hello @AlphaSays,

I'm unsure what you are asking me, is there something unclear about how to add places to the map?

Level 8

Hi @Flash,

I wanted to add a mall on map using indoor mapping but I later realized indoor mapping wasn't available in my region. 

Thank you!

Level 10

Hey @Flash,

Will you please confirm whether making the connection to a place within a place also applies to POIs that are not commercial centres? I know it seems common sense that it would apply, but I want to be 100% sure. For example, there are some tourist information spots within city museums. Indeed I've seen one of them, namely: Tourist Information and right under its location you can see it says 'Located in'. What's a bit weird is that the museum itself is claimed as a business, but the tourist spot is not (not that I think it changes anything).

If the answer is yes, will you please tell me the exact procedure that I need to follow? Do I need to inform a Googler through 'send feedback' in Google Maps or do I need to post it here on the forums? Or is there another way? Do I also need to submit images or some sort of proof for my suggestion to even be considered?