Semmy-de-Nada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Adding An Individual Shop Inside A Shopping Mall

It did NOT work.

I zoomed in the location of the mall and there are a lot of other businesses there that show
and I added an image and moved the marker accordingly and used the same address for the
shopping mall - and it gets a NOT APPLIED 😞

https://goo.gl/maps/FjrQZ2FWyVA2

coco1.jpg

cc111.jpg

All those places shown "Make Up Icod","Mango","Mercadona", "Libreria" all INSIDE the mall, so I am clueless.

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
Level 9
Level 9

Did you get a Thank you 'being reviewed' email when you made the edit ? A screenshot of that would be more help 

Level 8

How would be a screenshot of an thank you email be of any help???

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
Level 10

Maybe this is a normal issue, not related to the specific kind of shop inside a mall: many LG are reporting same kind of issue in creating new places. 

Level 9
Level 9

@semmyc wrote:

How would be a screenshot of an thank you email be of any help???

Because it shows the information you supplied

Level 8

Hey @Flash @LucioV @Pea

I use to add business inside shopping malls just adding a Pin.

Bjt it would be so great if we could create indoor mapping.Screenshot_20170417-091049.png

😉

Lucas Kellermann - Indaial SC
Local Guide & Waze Map Editor
Connect Moderator

I submitted several indoor maps in the last years, sometimes using maps created from a photo from security plans, used as an overlay in Autocad 🙂

That is a violation of copyright, please cease doing so.  Only the owner of that plan can submit it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

@GreggG wrote:

I submitted several indoor maps in the last years, sometimes using maps created from a photo from security plans, used as an overlay in Autocad 🙂

That is a violation of copyright, please cease doing so.  Only the owner of that plan can submit it.

@Flash .... this was commissioned from the owner/managers, of course. You can't imagine how poor is quality of documentation they store and how little chance they have to access digital drawings.

In some occasions, they asked me the final drawing, for archive.

Please, in the future, never assume that i'd violate or request violation of rules here and anywhere; we are both RS in the same support forum, this could help in some trust between us. 😉

Best regards

Connect Moderator

Lucio, I work with blueprints every day.  If the drawing were made by the architect, they normally retain copyright.  The reason the mall owners were not able to provide you documentation was almost certainly because they didn't have the rights to such documentation.  This would also be why they were eager to get a copy from you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

@GreggG wrote:

Lucio, I work with blueprints every day.  If the drawing were made by the architect, they normally retain copyright.  The reason the mall owners were not able to provide you documentation was almost certainly because they didn't have the rights to such documentation.  This would also be why they were eager to get a copy from you.

No @Flash this is not the reality, unless you live and work in Rome, Italy.

Often documentation is lost between management and administrations, and they don't have simply because they are not able to find, not because they don't deserve the rights.

In effect, i think you can agree that the management of a mall have more rights to put a floorplan on maps than the architect firms they designed the building.