rimvydukas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Added places are not shown on map

Hi,

When I started to add new places I noticed one more strange thing. Places got approved but I still can't see these places as stickers on google map. I can see these places only when I enter my edits sectiom. Am I missing something? Maybe is there some kind of additional setting to turn on ability to view statues, monuments and so on? Waited several days for my first added place to show up. Thanks.

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Added places are not shown on map

Hi @rimvydukas there is an algorithm that decides based on your history of what you see on Maps at various zoom levels. It varies for everyone. The exact rules can be considered as magic because Google never reveal them. If you ever want to see if a place has been added properly, open a new browser tab in incognito mode go to Maps then search for the place. 

Regards

Paul

Level 2

Yes, I can find this place via search but I'm interested if it is possible to see this place while browsing the map? I've tried various zoom level without any success:( I can see only various SPAs, hotels and so on and not a single statue or monument:/

Connect Moderator

The answer is sometimes yes sometimes no. Depends on the magic :).

I have myself noticed that claimed and popular businesses tend to be more likely to appear than others.

Regards Paul