SabrinaMich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Added missing places: they still don't show up after 24 hours and no point received.

Hello everyone.
I have added four missing places to the map which were immediately approved more than 24 hours ago, yet I still can't see them on the map (I only can see them if I search for them, but whenever I explore the map they don't show up). Plus, I didn't get any point after adding them. I know you only get points if no one has added those places before you did, but I find it strange that others added those places before I did. In fact, I'm pretty sure no one did, especially because only a few people and I in my small town know two of them. Has this happened to any of you?

Thank you in advance for your replies. 

2 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Added missing places: they still don't show up after 24 hours and no point received.

@Nobodydownhere wrote:

I only can see them if I search for them, but whenever I explore the map they don't show up

That is normal behaviour. Not every listing gets a permanent map label or icon, there is a lot of stuff on the map you can't see that may be hidden. The Google algorithm decides what gets shown and when and there's nothing we can do to influence it other that make the listing as accurate as possible. Can you post map links to the places you added?

Level 7

Re: Added missing places: they still don't show up after 24 hours and no point received.

Thanks, Philip. I get it now.