cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Add shipwreck to Maps

Hi!

How could I add shipwreck to the maps?

After a long pending it says didnt apply, even if I add it as a tourist attraction or historical landmark.

Even if I add photos to it.

This is the place: https://goo.gl/maps/X9dv5tciwW92  

Thanks for the answers!

Csicsó, Szlovákia
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Add shipwreck to Maps

Hello,

The features on the base map that all view do have restrictions to keep the map quick and uncluttered.  Among the features that shouldn't be mapped are those that just seem interesting, but which aren't actual well known tourist attraction or historical landmarks.  It would appear that this is such a place; there is no organized tourist attraction with hours, a phone number, etc.; and this is also not a historical landmark such as the place of a great battle or a medieval tower.

Features that you think might be interesting for others but which don't meet the criteria to be on the base map can be mapped using one of the multiple custom map solutions that Google provides.  Probably the best solution for this type of place would be My Maps.  Maps created there can be embedded, made searchable and shared; and a well crafted one will come up when people search for such features in this area.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 9

Čičovské lodné vraky

Ahojte!

Chcem sa spýtať, že, ako môžem dať na mapu čičovské lodné vraky?

Kedykoľvek chcem dať, vypíše, že: "NOT APPLIED"

Skúšal som ako turistická atrakcia, ako historické "miesto" (Historical landmark).

Ďakujem!

Level 8

Re: Čičovské lodné vraky

Ahoj @Mmmmm

Skús sem hodiť miesto kde sa to nachádza a otestujem to. 

Community moderator: Slovak Local Guides

Level 9

Ďakujem @Martin_G!

Tam je vraky: https://goo.gl/maps/X9dv5tciwW92 

Connect Moderator

@Mmmmm, interesting Google Maps question. I am going to move your post over to Mapping Your World and let Connect Moderator @Flash who also happens to be a long time Google Maps Top Contributor respond to your question.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Hi @KarenVChin!

Thanks! 🙂

Level 8

Ufff. Ani mne to nejde. Rovnaký problém. Not aplied. 

Maybe @Flash can help us. 

Community moderator: Slovak Local Guides

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

The features on the base map that all view do have restrictions to keep the map quick and uncluttered.  Among the features that shouldn't be mapped are those that just seem interesting, but which aren't actual well known tourist attraction or historical landmarks.  It would appear that this is such a place; there is no organized tourist attraction with hours, a phone number, etc.; and this is also not a historical landmark such as the place of a great battle or a medieval tower.

Features that you think might be interesting for others but which don't meet the criteria to be on the base map can be mapped using one of the multiple custom map solutions that Google provides.  Probably the best solution for this type of place would be My Maps.  Maps created there can be embedded, made searchable and shared; and a well crafted one will come up when people search for such features in this area.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Connect Moderator

Hello,

@Martin_G, thank you for tagging me.

I have already answered this question in another thread. @Mmmmm, please ensure that you only create one thread per inquiry.  I will merge this thread into the other one to prevent confusion.

Level 9

Ďakujem @Martin_G!