JesperAnthonisen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Add parks and green areas to Maps

I love being in nature, I love taking photos, and I love using Google maps to research new spots to visit. However, green areas, lakes, forests etc rarely exist on Maps (not named on Maps). Being a local guide I would very much like to add these missing places, so I try that all the time. Very rarely a palce is accepted and added to Maps, but in general all these edits are dismissed right away. 

Can someone please explain what the rules are when adding places that's not a business / landmark or the like. Eg. a lake, a forest and so on.

Thanks

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Add parks and green areas to Maps

Hello,

At this time Google is not accepting such edits, thus there are no rules to communicate.  Please ensure that any features you add have both a proper name (no descriptions) and a proper category.  The only feature you can currently add without a proper name are roads.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 8

Well

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

At this time Google is not accepting such edits, thus there are no rules to communicate.  Please ensure that any features you add have both a proper name (no descriptions) and a proper category.  The only feature you can currently add without a proper name are roads.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Well that explains why I'm having such a hard time figuring it out. That's too bad 😞 but thank you for explaining it.