DebanjanJPG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Add new place

I am add one new place in my hometown. Alredy 30 days over. But Google map not show icon in Map.

What i do ? 

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
10 comments
Level 10

Re: Add new place

Hang tight, it may not have been approved yet, I have sometimes waited a couple of months before I saw an addition show up on maps.

North Jersey Locals

North Jersey Local Guides

Level 8

Thanks for reply me. 

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Level 10

If it is moderation not know how long time take it other wise you give your link any indian Regional lead 

@Amitesh_Gayen and @RtnArulPrakasamT they are Indian Map maker regional lead . contact with them 

Thanks 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

Hello @MahabubMunna

Thanks for reply me. I know many RL on Indian Region. Can you answar my one question. Every one known, every places in India ? I think it is not possible? What you say ? I case i am add sum wrong information in Google map. How to find ? Please think about this. Please don't mind. This my thinking. 

Thanks and regard

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Level 10

Dear @DebanjanJPG

you are right . i know them last 5-6 year they are very help full . but it really difficult to filter and door to door go and check it is correct or not . but if all people discuss then must find a out put but main problem GMM accept it or not 99% they not accept any map maker request .

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Debanjan,

Please head over to the MapMaker forum if you need edits reviewed or you wish to discuss the Regional Lead program, as these topics are outside the scope of Local Guides.

Also remember that most places will never have a marker, even if they are approved, as there is far too much information to display everything on the map.

MapMaker forum: http://goo.gl/6e5Kv9 :: Maps forum: http://goo.gl/Xy2G79 :: Give Kudos for great content!
Level 8

@DebanjanJPG Hi,

This happened to me too.

In my case I've noticed that appearing an icon depends on several factors. 

1. First of all It should be verified. (You can check your email to check if there any mail regarding Publication of the place you've added)

2. The place might have pictures.

3. It should have reviewed with rating by other people and by you.

4. And the last thing it may take several days to appear on map.

I hope this will solve your curiosity.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 10

A new place will verified by google. but I don't know how long.

I use Label function for that place and when the place existed I remove the label.

Not applicable

how to add my clinic in google map