Siborey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Add missing place

It has been a very frustrating thing for me every time I try to add a missing place to Google map. 

The information I provided is a complete packgae: place name, type, opening hour, telephone number, and pictures! 

Still, I couldn't get approval. 

This really discourages me to add more places. 

4 comments
Level 10
Level 8

Re: Add missing place

Hi Buddy!

That's something that happens to all Local Guides from time to time. Don't be discouraged, it will get better.

Personally before giving up, I do this:

- Make sure I selected the most accurate category or very adequate one, in case it doens't exist. Try with one or two adequate categories.

- Try to add at least 5 pictures, with the name of the business very clear, a close up and a picture a little bit far away and pictures of the inside of the business or place (if it applies).

- Complete as much information as you can, verify online if there is a website, phone number and hours.

- I'm not sure, Google Might use OCR (Optical Character Recognition), so, it will be important that the name you put for the business, matches the one in the pictures.

@Siborey let me know if this helps, and try to select one our responses "as solution" for this topic, so other people know it has been solved.

Greetings from Dominican Republic!

-Héctor

Level 8

Hi Siborey,

I know how it frustrates if the place we added is not approved or pending for long time.

Don't worry, rest assured your contribution will be recognized and the approval is based on the trust rating you have. 

Level 9

@Siborey,

Before adding your place "Calibrate" your device.

Make sure that your device data is on. If possible device data & Wifi connect at same time. Then Add your place.

Jami