Georgeontour's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Add a missing place

When adding a missing place you should be given the option to add at the same time photos. This would be an evidence that the place really exists and not to have to wait a long time or get rejected several times. 

Another thing is that local guides with high levels should have an advantage in getting easier there new places or edits quickly approved.

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Add a missing place

Hello @Georgeontour, you can already do that. When you add a new place, by default only that mandatory fields are shown, but underneath you can open the part of the window that allows you to add more information and also photos.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

Thank you for yor answer but from the computer you dont have this option.

Level 8

Hello there @Georgeontour

You are right from the computer interface you don't have the option to add pictures you just took, this is something that you can do in your Android and iPhone apps in your device. So, you might suggest this as a feedback for Google Maps team.

On the other hand, I agree with you, we'd like to see more parameters to determine credibility of Local Guides contributions, such as, but not limited to:

- Level

- Quality of previous contributions

- If you are currently in the place

That's something, that hopefully Google Maps team will take in consideration for Local Guides Program. On the other hand, regarding your suggestions you can post about features that you'd like to see in this section for feedback: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/bd-p/Feedback

-----

@Georgeontour let me know if this helps, and try to select one our responses "as solution" for this topic, so other people know it has been solved. Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Dominican Republic!

-Héctor