RsHRsH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Add North York, it is part of Toronto, but quite separate from 'Downtown' and has its own Downtown..

The north-central part of the overall city of Toronto, Ontario is the former city of North York, which is as large as the old city of Toronto, to the south of it. I live in North York and the Canadian Post Office insists that I use North York and not use Toronto, since there is a second 'Elmhurst' in the overall city of Toronto. Besides that it is a number of miles/kilometers to the downtown city of Toronto, from north of highway 401, and many individuals living in North York who do not work in the older city of Toronto virtually never go down to that part of the overall city. So a separate North York, where its inhabitants can go and enter restaurants, shopping, places to stay, and so on and keep them all separate from locations that are literally miles/kilometers away would be most welcome. I have a bit to post about North York and nothing worth posting about the old city of Toronto. The same could be applied to Scarborough and Etobicoke

North York, Toronto, ON, Canada
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Add North York, it is part of Toronto, but quite separate from 'Downtown' and has its own Downto

Hello,

The map is a record of physical locations, and as such it uses physical locations, not mailing addresses.  Since North York no longer exists as a city and instead is a district of Toronto, that is how it is mapped.

North York is already mapped, but as a locality rather than as a city because that reflects reality.  This is how the map is set up around the world.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages