SP31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

South Florida Local Guides - Fun in the sun, for a good cause!

South Florida Local Guides - Let's meet for fun day of bonding and make an impact by keeping our natural habitat clean! Meet up with fellow Local Guides as we partner with the Frost Science’s Museum Volunteers for the Environment (MUVE) program to give back for Local Guides Volunteer Day! We will be collecting trash from the beach and logging each item we collect using Marine Debris Tracker, a free smartphone and tablet app. 

Register:

What to Bring:
  • a water bottle (I will bring bottles of water just in case; which we can recycle afterwards)
  • sunblock
  • insect repellant
  • hat
  • sturdy footwear (no flip-flops)

If you are bringing additional people, you may list their names and ages within the registration form. If you have any questions at all, let me know in this thread! 🙂 

About Citizen Science Workdays:

They are held each month by the Frost Science Museum, are excellent opportunities to make an immediate impact on the environment by investing your time in one of several restoration projects. For more information, visit http://www.frostscience.org/event/citizen-science-workday-3/.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Miami, FL, United States
6 comments
Googler

Re: South Florida Local Guides - Fun in the sun, for a good cause!

That's an awesome activity, @SP31! Did you create an event page on another platform to help organize Local Guides? If not, I definitely recommend doing so and submitting on the meet-up form available on the website to help get other Local Guides in attendance! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

@TraciC wrote:

That's an awesome activity, @SP31! Did you create an event page on another platform to help organize Local Guides? If not, I definitely recommend doing so and submitting on the meet-up form available on the website to help get other Local Guides in attendance! 

Thanks, @TraciC! My apologies - just included in original post! 🙂 Also submitted via meet-up form. It should be a great time!

Googler

Awesome, @SP31. I went back and shared it with the Everglades folks, too. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

@TraciC thank you! 😀

Connect Moderator

Hey all who are interested, just a few new details as we get closer to LG Volunteer Day 2016:

Location & Parking:
If navigating using Google Maps, point your way towards Virginia Key Mountain Bike Trails - this is the location we will be meeting at and there should be someone on site or at the entrance to help guide you in the right direction. Parking will be available on site, but carpooling is suggested if you can. There is a minimal toll of $1.75 (Sunpass) to cross into Key Biscayne.

Hope to see some of you there!

Level 4

Steve, 

Hey sorry i could not join you in that awesome local guide activity. Will join in the next one