YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

When will the individual result be announced?

Any ideas?

19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: When will the individual result be announced?

Hi All,

The individual contributors have been notified. We'll be announcing who they are publicly on our social channels this week.

Thanks again for your participation and patience!

@YK1001

View solution in original post

Level 9

I am waiting for the same result @YK1001.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 10

I believe many of us are. Especially us from smaller towns who tried very hard, but knew from the beginning that our town won't be part of the main selected city winners. If anyone gets any message on this, do share it here. We can keep this thread for individual winners to make themselves known. I don't believe Google LG will be publishing a list of individual winners though, only contacting them privately. I do think that Google LG should set an end date for the communication of the individual winners, so we know when the cut off date is, to know if we didn't get selected. 

Level 8

Hi @StephenAbraham,

For the recent complete India contest, GLG team do announce the individual winners.

Let's keep asking here, I am sure the team will respond in a positive way.

Level 10

Not sure, didn't follow that up, but the original notes from the India contest said "The names of the winners will be available upon request for up to one year following the Winner Notification Date. Contact us here with the name of the contest to request the list of winners", so maybe many people requested for the list and published it themselves. not sure if Google LG actually did publish it themselves.. Still, 10 winners for Nexus 5x's for the recent India contest.. Let's hope Google gives away similar or better for the worldwide challenge, but no one knows :-)..

I think you will get it, Sampson!! 

Level 8

Hi @StephenAbraham,

I did not read what kinds of "gift" will be awarded to the individual winners of the Challenge.  Can you share where you got this detail?

Level 10

Unfortunately, I don't know what gifts or awards will be given for the WW challenge.. (was just jokingly saying based on what Google LG gave away in the recent India challenge).. I guess, I should edit my previous reply in case others misunderstood it.

Former Google Contributor

@YK1001 We don't typically announce individual winners publicly. It seems there is a desire to do so, so we'll take that into consideration. We're still determining those individuals and haven't alerted anyone yet. I can't say when we'll be sharing that information, but likely in a week or so.

Level 8

Thank you  very much for the update, @MegS.

I think an announcement like "winners already informed" will stop majority of us LGs from check our inbox every other minutes.

Furthermore, as the reward is still top secret, I am waiting to find out what the surprise is.

As Individual Winners might be invited to the events of the top cities, I also eager to learn if this will come true or not.

Level 3

@MegSIt would be nice to at least know that all the winners was reached out to so that the rest of us arent waiting to see if it was us.