MarkMM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Waitlist?

So I get the Google Seattle invite for the local guides party last month . RSVP that second. Continue to post and earn points. I assume Im going but then I get an email that says youre on the waitlist never having suggested that I would be relegated to a waitlist. 

Makes me want to stop posting. They haven't gotten this loyalty thing right yet. 

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Waitlist?

Hi @MarkMM@DylanM@JustinAlmeida,

Thanks for the feedback. Our apologies for the confusion; our invitations were meant as notices and not guarantees. We've made a note of this and will be changing our language around events in the future. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please continue to escalate feedback here on Connect and thanks for all you do for Local Guides!

View solution in original post

Level 3

I also registered immediately, makes me think they have just cancelled the event but don't want to tell anyone, instead they just let everyone know it is full.

Level 7

I agree. I did the same thing; replied immediately to the email when it arrived. I've even burned through from level 3 to level 4... oh well, I'll keep on keepin' on.

I do wish there was more transparency in the process; I'm sure it'll be fun.

~Justin

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @MarkMM@DylanM@JustinAlmeida,

Thanks for the feedback. Our apologies for the confusion; our invitations were meant as notices and not guarantees. We've made a note of this and will be changing our language around events in the future. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please continue to escalate feedback here on Connect and thanks for all you do for Local Guides!

Level 3

Thanks for the quick feedback @MegS, it means a lot that you reach out directly to the community.  I will continue to contribute my best content, and really enjoy the Local Guides community!