AndrewN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Seattle Special Event-Thank you

Thank you to Google's Local Guides Team,

Let me start off by saying thank you to the Google team that was in charge of the competition and facilitating this special event. Seattle appreciates the recognition! I attended the Seattle Local Guides event last night celebrating Seattle taking 5th place in the local guides challenge that ran through December. I was glad to see so many other guides who participate in contributing to Google Maps, I for one find it highly entertaining and was glad to see there were so many others who share my enthusiasm. This was the first time I had been to an event hosted by Google and they went above and beyond to accommodate their guides, offering valet parking, coat check, delicious finger foods, a tasting bar supporting local brewers, air plant terrarium building (Amazing!), a variety of food stations, photo staging practice, and postcard coloring. I was thoroughly entertained to say the least. The caterers were on the spot replenishing food and clearing plates and cups, they did a fantastic job. I also enjoyed the venue AXIS, I had never been there before and thought that it was a great location in Pioneer square. The staff who were there representing Google did a great job making us feel welcomed and accommodating everyone.

Also, Thank you to the local guides that came to the event, it is cool to see Seattle guides come together. I had several great conversations with guides at the event and we agreed, it would be awesome to experience more meetups between local guides here in Seattle.

Thank you again Google, your team was fantastic and they definitely showed that we were there to celebrate!

Seattle, WA, United States
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Seattle Special Event-Thank you

@AndrewN Thank you so much for sharing your experience here 🙂 I am so happy you had a great time at the event - as I know the whole team is.