JoannaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Local guide challenge Toronto

Got my email with an apology! Hope to see some of you there tonight. Is there a dress code? What should I expect as this is all new to me. 

Level 7

@kerryf wrote:

Got my email with an apology! Hope to see some of you there tonight. Is there a dress code? What should I expect as this is all new to me. 

I asked the same and here is what I got 🙂

There is no dress code — dress as you please: festive, fun, casual, dressed up, however you are most comfortable.

As for what to expect at our event, our invitations are intentionally vague. 😉 Please reference our event FAQs for hints at what our event will include, but we do not share details ahead of time.
Level 7

I finally got an invitation from LG challenge! 

I just want want to say thank you to those who are involved in this topic and helping each other out when it's needed (ie., Suggesting us to email local guide - I wouldn't gotten an invitation if it's not because of that tip!) 

Hopefully I will see you guys in the event today 🙂 

Level 3

Same here after e-mailing them. Thanks so much guys, looking forward to meeting you all!

Level 3

That was really cool tonight! Thanks for everything Local Guides! It was nice to meet a few of you as well. Can't wait to do it again. 

Level 6

Cool... so the event did happen.  What was it like?  Any pictures?

What went down?

do tell.

Thanks!

@kerryf wrote:

That was really cool tonight! Thanks for everything Local Guides! It was nice to meet a few of you as well. Can't wait to do it again. 

Level 7

Free access to Mystic Landscapes museum floor, food & drinks and some sketching and photo activities. Personally I was disappointed, both me and my friend don't eat meat so there wasn't much for us. We had to be content with Falafel and some desserts. I was surprised there wasn't any seafood on the floor. But the meet lovers looked to be having a gala time. Other gripe was there wasn't much seating, it was really hard for many with drink on one hand and food on the other.

Level 7

I personally really enjoyed the event. Free food, drinks( beer, cocktail, hot chocolate), dessert... 

And there were lots of booth for different activities- photo booth, coloring station, Google street view camera station ect

i got to network with so many different local guides and people who worked for Google😉

They posted some picture on their fb page. 

Level 6

Same, had an awesome time. Big thanks to the Toronto Local Guides group and Google for putting that together for us 🙂

yourphoto-1.jpg

Level 10

@davethejedimaster1 is was @MegS and her Google team that put the EPIC event together!!  They deserve all the credit!! It was awesome.

Google Local Guides Toronto is the community and our members were very lucky to participated in the Challenge and as a team we were able to place #4 world wide - all Kudo's to @MegS and her team for the awesome event!!