JoannaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Local guide challenge Toronto

Hi everyone! 

I have received a local guide challenge invitation, and I am just wondering is anyone here also going to that challenge? 

This is my first year and I don't know what to expect, would anyone kindly enough to share your experience with me if you have attended before? 

Thank you! 

Joanna 

Toronto, ON, Canada
49 comments
Level 7

Re: Local guide challenge Toronto

I got the invitation as well and RSVP'ed :), I'm looking forward to it and hopefully get chosen. It says prioritization is based on your recency of Google Maps contributions so I believe the more we stay active the better chance we have in getting to go.

I think this is the first time Google Maps is doing this, and we are 1 /5 cities around the world that won so I expect it to be a pretty big event!

Level 7

@AyanT wrote:

I got the invitation as well and RSVP'ed :), I'm looking forward to it and hopefully get chosen. It says prioritization is based on your recency of Google Maps contributions so I believe the more we stay active the better chance we have in getting to go.

I think this is the first time Google Maps is doing this, and we are 1 /5 cities around the world that won so I expect it to be a pretty big event!

Thanks for the kind reply Ayan. 

I am so excited for this event too! And I am looking forward to meeting other amazing local guides 👍🏻👍🏻🎉🎉

Level 7

I RSVP'd too! Not sure how it will go down but I am intrigued. 

Level 7

Hi @JoannaR,

I am also a newbie when it comes to being a local guide and definitely don't know what to expect either.

I received the invitation and RSVP'd and i'm looking forward to meeting other local guides at this event.

Can anyone shed some light in regards to previous events that have been held?

Level 10

Hello fellow local guides in Toronto - looking forward to meeting you all at the Challenge.

If you want to be involved in the Toronto Community for local guides - remember to join up

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105785799144201799745?cfem=1

Have a great day

Rick Trus

Moderator - Toronto Local Guides

Level 6

Hi All! I've received the invite and RSVP'd as well. Still haven't received the promised follow up email 😞 anyone received theirs? Just wondering if I missed out... Hope not! 

Thanks,

Dave

Level 3

Hey Dave,! 

Neither have I.  

I also hope I didn't miss out. 

Do you remember the initial place/date/time? 

Level 3

Hi Rick! 

Could you please remind some of us the date/time/place of the Toronto meeting this month?

Cheers! 

@skiller wrote:

Hello fellow local guides in Toronto - looking forward to meeting you all at the Challenge.

If you want to be involved in the Toronto Community for local guides - remember to join up

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105785799144201799745?cfem=1

Have a great day

Rick Trus

Moderator - Toronto Local Guides

Level 6

Hi Eddie, All i know is that it's Jan 24th 630 to 930. Location is undisclosed, I expect the guides that get the 'follow up email' will also get the location. Getting close to go time so hope we haven't missed out!