SilviaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Local Guides event in Milan

Hi there, 

I have been invited to the Local Guides event which will be held in Milan soon, and my registration has been confirmed long ago. Although, I can't seem to have received the address. Is it normal? have you received it yet? 

Thanks in advance and looking forward to see you soon! 

Best, 
Silvia

Milano, MI, Italia
12 comments
Level 4

Re: Local Guides event in Milan

I have the same question. The event is tomorrow and we know nothing about where it's gonna take place or anything.

If the event got cancelled please inform us. That's really weird and disrespectful too.

Former Google Contributor

@SilviaS @GiuseppeP Thanks for reaching out and flagging this. About two weeks ago we sent emails to all Local Guides in Milan who registered for the event. The email included information about each person's attendance status (either confirmed to attend or on the waitlist). We've re-sent these emails tonight to catch anyone who didn't receive theirs. Did you receive an email from us in the past hour or so? It would have been sent from noreply-local-guides@google.com.

Level 4

@JessicaS wrote:

@SilviaS @GiuseppeP Thanks for reaching out and flagging this. About two weeks ago we sent emails to all Local Guides in Milan who registered for the event. The email included information about each person's attendance status (either confirmed to attend or on the waitlist). We've re-sent these emails tonight to catch anyone who didn't receive theirs. Did you receive an email from us in the past hour or so? It would have been sent from noreply-local(dash)guides(at)google(dot)com.

Hi @HelloJess,

I just received an invitation to Berlin right now!

This is crazy. I live in Milan and I was contacted to participate to Milan's event not Berlin!

There must be a bug or glitch going on. Please get back to me asap with an explanation to all this.

@GiuseppeP We're looking into this issue now. Thanks for your patience!

Level 5

Local guides event in milan

Buongiorno
Mi chiamo Ugo Diamante e vorrei partecipare all'evento del 2 febbraio cui sono stato invitato per aver vinto il challange di ottobre. Dal 21 dicembre sono iscritto tramite la mail e ho ricevuto la conferma della iscrizione. Da allora ho scritto molte mail e ho chiamato il numero di Google senza ricevere risposta..anzi nessuno sembra saperne nulla e anche online non c'è traccia di questo fantomatico evento.
Ora non capisco se è una presa in giro o siete così scortesi da invitare senza conferma. Ugo Diamante

Re: Local guides event in milan

Hi @UgoD - About two weeks ago we sent emails to all Local Guides in Milan who registered for the event. The email included information about each person's attendance status (either confirmed to attend or on the waitlist). We've re-sent these emails tonight to catch anyone who didn't receive theirs. Did you receive an email from us? It would have been sent from noreply-local-guides@google.com.

Level 4

The right invitation has arrived. Thanks for sorting that out.

Level 3

Hi Jessica, 
I'm sorry, but this is not true. I have also accessed my event registration area to see the status of my confirmation and it kept on saying "confirmed" (it still does, see screenshot), but today I received an email saying I was in a waitlist. I have cleared my schedule and my +1 asked a work permission to join (as everywhere, I could just see my status as "confirmed"), and tonight - the night before the event - I received an email saying I am on this waiting list. 
Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 01.33.50.png

Can you help me?

Hi @SilviaS - I've emailed you about this, so please check your inbox.