MegS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guides Challenge: Toronto Event

Hi @ChristopherA and @WilliamL,

That is correct — if you did not receive a confirmation email from us on Thursday you're on our waitlist. We know it's frustrating to be left in the dark, and it certainly wasn't our intention.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hi @RickK,

Thanks for your feedback. Aside from the possibility that a few Local Guides will know each other from past meet-ups (or sheer coincidence), no one was confirmed because they were part of a select group. Anyone who received an initial invitation IS part of our select group — you were invited due to the contributions you've made to Google Maps.

We were amazed at the volume of RSVPs we received for this event — space was filled within minutes. It certainly wasn't our intention to let anyone down.

Level 3

This is very disappointing. Your emails should have been more clear.

I also did was never advised there was a waitlist

@MegS wrote:

Hi All,

An issue has come to our attention that an email intended for all of the individuals on our waitlist was not received by everyone. (If you didn't receive a confirmation email from us on Thursday, January 19, you are on our waitlist.) We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.

A few FAQs we've fielded that may provide more insight:

• This event was not meant as a bait and switch; if you received an invitation there was nothing further you needed to do (except RSVP) to be eligible to attend.
  • We received ~3,000 RSVPs for fewer than 300 spaces. We were amazed at the interest and bummed we weren't able to accommodate everyone.
  • Please do not show up at the Google office as our events (in all cities) are not held at Google offices — there will be no one to meet you.
  • As for what to expect at our event, our invitations are intentionally vague. 😉 Please reference our event FAQs for hints at what our event will include, but we do not share details ahead of time.
  • There is no dress code — dress as you please: festive, fun, casual, dressed up, however you are most comfortable.

If you have questions about the Toronto event, please submit them on this thread. If you have feedback about anything else (other events, the Local Guides program, Google Maps, etc.), please share it on Connect on the appropriate discussion board so we can escalate accordingly.

Thanks for all you do for Local Guides!

Level 3

Wow racist much?

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for your feedback. A few others were confused by our invitation and thought it guaranteed entry; we've made a note and will use different language in the future.

As for notifying you in advance, we absolutely agree and wholeheartedly apologize — we weren't aware that not everyone received our waitlist notification until it was brought to our attention on Friday. We've been working to resolve the issue and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Please continue to submit feedback here on Connect (in the corresponding forum) and we'll escalate.

Level 10

Thanks!  Looking forward to seeing you there tonight - Thanks again for organizing such an amazing event.  🙂

The Local Guides program ROCKS!!!!

Richard Trus

Co-Moderator Toronto Local Guides

TorontoLocalGuides.com

Hi @JayY,

Thanks for your feedback. A few others were confused by our invitation and thought it guaranteed entry too; we've made a note and will use different language in the future.

Level 6

=( Sad I was looking forward to this. Had it set on my Calendar today was planning to leave work early. You guys should do a makeup event! The flow of the RSVP for sure needs to be changed to reflect availability. Thanks anyways though guys!

Level 3

Absolutely disappointed and very unorganized. Why would you rent a venue for 300 spaces when you don't even know the number of attendees RSVPing?  Had to find a shift replacement for this event I was "supposed" to attend.  And also, I did not receive an email stating I was on the waiting list.  

Level 7

I did RSVP though still have not received the venue information. Could you please share where to show up and any other relevant details.

regards