YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

LG Challenge 2016 - Invitation for Taipei Event

Today, lots of us TW Local guides got the email invitation.  The event venue is kept secret.

Please check your email and register ASAP.  It is First Come First Served!

LG Challenge 2016 - Taipei Event invite.PNG

Taipei City, Taiwan
14 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: LG Challenge 2016 - Invitation for Taipei Event

Well done! And enjoy the prize! Well deserved victory 😎

@YK1001 wrote:

Today, lots of us TW Local guides got the email invitation.  The event venue is kept secret.

@YK1001 wrote:

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

Awesome @YK1001! I'm sure you'll have a blast at the party!

I've always wanted to go to Taipei. Too bad the event is too close to the end of my Hong Kong trip haha. Well, maybe next time 😄

Level 4

I got the invitation but when I click on the "Register Now" button in the email, the resulting webpage is in Chinese (which I can't read).  Anyone know how to change the text to English?  I can't find a language setting on the page but my Google Local Guides and general Google settings are all set for English.  Not sure why this would be different unless for some reason Google only made Chinese available.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @BrianDavidP, may I know which browser you are using?

If you are using Chrome, you should be able to see a Translate option at the top of the page when you visit a web page written in another language. More information can be found here.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 4

I use Chrome.  However, whenever I have used the translate options for Chinese to English, the results have been awful and often unintellible or just intelligible enough to have errors in crucial spots.  While the Google Translate system is much better today than it was years ago, it's still not something I would trust for making plans.

Level 3
Level 3

I received the invitation. However, nothing since. Any idea about the location?

@AdrianL wrote:

Well done! And enjoy the prize! Well deserved victory 😎

@YK1001 wrote:

@YK1001 wrote:

Level 8

No.  The venue will only be published in the confirmation email.  It seems no body has received yet.

Level 4

I would love to be able to set settings so that emails received are in English instead of Chinese.  My chrome and google settings are for US English but as I live in Taiwan, I get everything via email notices in Chinese which I can't read.

Level 8

Hi @BrianDavidP,

I totally understand your point as I also want to got emails in English.

It is a topic un-resolved.  As there are many places that we can set our Language preferences, it will be a project to test which one or which combinations can set the email language correctly.

So far, I notice the email language changes when:

1.  Change Language in Mapmaker

2.  Change Language in LG Homepage

3.  Change Language in Maps (Desktop)

But I never reach the required conclusion.