Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guides Event in Toronto

This content has been removed.
Level 3

I wonder now: Did everyone in Toronto get the same message:

Congrats on Winning the LocalGuides Challenge!

If so, that is completely misleading and a violation of the Competition Act.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Level 3

We were also told that attendance would be first-come-first-serve, but told in the reply to the RSVP that it was based on recency of contributions, but as it turns out, it's likely more closely tied to contribution levels. Any of these are fine, it'd just be nice to get the truth.

Level 7

Same here !

@marting wrote:

I can confirm that i did get that exact message.winning.gif

Level 4

Funnily enough even that isn't really saying what it's meant to. *Toronto* won the local guides challenge, one of I think five cities that did. Unless you were tracking the earlier phase of the process you'd have absolutely no indication of that meaning though. This all started with good intentions but the miscommunications really added up. Hopefully they figure something out, even a few bucks of Play Store credit or free drive storage or something for people would be a good gesture that might be inexpensive and not too complicated to arrange. Everything is complicated within companies as big as this but hopefully someone is empowered to do something soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Level 6

I signed up about a month ago, but am still on the wait list. Oh well? It's 20 minutes away...

Level 3

I'm in the same boat. RSVP'd the same day as the email arrived (okay, same minute, heard nothing, then got a cheesy "you're on the waiting list, we've got our fingers crossed!" email. I'd really been looking forward to this event, to meetING other local guides and perhaps getting a little something back for all my reviews, photos, and countless answered questions. Instead, I was left with the vague sensation that I was perhaps not cool enough to be included. Not fun.