LiamG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guides Challenge Toronto

Hi @JulianS and @ChristopherD,

Thanks for the feedback. An issue came to our attention on Friday; not everyone had received the email we had sent them. Our apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience as we continue to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, @DanielP is correct: the event is at capacity and all confirmed guests have received details.

Please continue to flag feedback and issues here on Connect so we can escalate them. Thanks for all you do for Local Guides!

Googler
Solution

Re: Guides Event in Toronto

Hi everyone. As @MegS has shared a comprehensive update, I'm going to merge this thread with other conversations to help keep the related conversations in one place. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your patience. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MegS I would really like an update, as I have told countless friends and clients I have been selected and rsvp'd to attend this event only to be left up in the air. Are you guys really unclear on what it means to Rsvp... I mean why allow more invites and registrations out than alloted, this has upset many peoples schedule and as I have been looking forward to this for months with no notice until finding it myself this morning I feel not only disappointed but Dodged by the very people who have asked us all to pass judgement on the customer service of everyone else.... Please let us know how this happened and how apology emails have been overlooked. Very disappointing and embarrassing.... Google should be more respectful of its contributors

Level 3

I agree as well. Had someone confirm to take my shift over month ago for this event, only to leave me and my friend hanging.  Seems disrespectful and unprofessional. I might consider removing my photos.... 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JoeyC and @Anonymous,

Thanks for the feedback. Our apologies for the confusion and any inconvenience caused.

Please read the update Traci linked above for further answers to your questions.

Thanks for being passionate Local Guides!

Level 7

Where is the Venue for today's event, did not receive any details after i did the RSVP

Level 4

If you didn't get the details by email you probably didn't get invited to the actual event. Check the post linked by @MegS above. They shouldn't have called the first emails invitations/RSVPs, it was actually to say if you'd be interested in going and then they'd send invites up to the limit of their capacity afterwards. The system failed to email people who didn't get in and now everyone's confused and they can't email everyone to explain directly because of internal processes. I don't work there I've just caught up over the multiple threads with what's happened. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, hopefully they'll be able to figure out something to make up for it.

Level 7

thanks Daniel... wish this will be a good lesson for next event for Organizers... crossing my fingers..

Level 7

I just notice this in MegS thread:

"

• This event was not meant as a bait and switch; if you received an invitation there was nothing further you needed to do (except RSVP) to be eligible to attend"....... which kinda explain that an initial invitation email is a formal invitation and you just have to do RSVP .....  very confusing....
Level 3

How do I get my prize? I think that Google owes me a Chromebook. Given my disappointment about tonight, I expect to get a Pixel smartphone.

I got an email on December 21, 2016 stating:

Congrats on Winning the Local Guides Challenge!

Thank you for making Google Maps better for everyone. Thanks to the contributions you made this October, you and a guest are invited to join us at our exclusive event in Toronto.

I RSVP'd for tonight's event within hours of receiving it, but somehow I didn't make the cut.

The event should have been reserved for the Local Guides Challenge winner and the top 300 producers! My photos have received 680,000 views as of this morning.

So many diligent and hard working Local Guides are now disillusioned about the Local Guides program. Maybe I should start a competing app.

I participated in a contest, I won, and I expected to get rewarded. Instead, I am feeling that it was a fake promotion and that Google let me down. In hindsight, I should not have canceled my trip to Las Vegas this week because of tonight's event.

I am really disappointed.