IsmailDf's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

360 ° Photos

Is the photos of 360 ° format (streetview) is also included in the point/count of Local Guides Challenge 2016?

Thank you.

Ismail Deaf
Yogyakarta, Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta, Indonesia
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: 360 ° Photos

Hi @IsmailDf,

Any 360° photographs that are added to places on Google Maps will count toward the Challenge. Think of it as the same as what will earn you Local Guides points — photos must be uploaded to places on the map. Beyond that, the creativity is up to you.

Thanks for your interest!

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @IsmailDf,

Any 360° photographs that are added to places on Google Maps will count toward the Challenge. Think of it as the same as what will earn you Local Guides points — photos must be uploaded to places on the map. Beyond that, the creativity is up to you.

Thanks for your interest!

Level 8

thank you so much. 

Ismail Deaf
Level 10

Hi Meg,

I am one of the moderators for the Google Local Guides Toronto Community - I was posting a recap photo of a previous meet-up at the Lockhart and found that Connect does not support posting 360 photo's.   Is there something I am doing wrong.  I'm posting the photo and the link to the original post.  

Toronto Local Guides Meet-up at the Lockhart - Harry Potter bar - BrunchToronto Local Guides Meet-up at the Lockhart - Harry Potter bar - Brunch

Hello @HottieE. I believe @YK1001 was able to share a 360 video here on Connect by using YouTube. But the site does not natively support 360 photos. Maybe he has some advice?

Level 8

Hi @HottieE,

Yes, we can embed 360 Videos in Connect Posts, as the example linked by @Corrie.

First of all, please upload the video to Youtube and make sure you can view it as 360 video.  Then it can be linked (embedded) in Connect Posts as normal Youtube Video.

When viewing the video in Connect with Mobile Browser, it might not show the 360 view.  (I got the projected view using Chrome on Android 7.1.1)

Regarding 360 photos, the use of iFrame code is required for embedding.  As of now, iFrame code usage is restricted to Moderators.

Level 10

Awesome!!! Thanks for the solution @Corrie - here is 360 of our recent Google Local Guides - EPIC event in Toronto.  AMAZING time with 300 of my new friends!!! What an EPIC time!!! 

Amazing time!!! Great to see my friends from Google up again in Toronto!!!!!

Sydney - aka Hottie Eatz

Co-Moderator - Google Local Guides Toronto

TorontoLocalGuides.com

@HottieE That's great!! Thanks for sharing! 

Check out this 360 video at our Toronto event, @NatalieP 🙂

@HottieE That's great!! Thanks for sharing! 

Check out this 360 video at our Toronto event, @NatalieP 🙂