AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: 在地嚮導挑戰:台北,2017年1月21日 (Local Guides Challenge: Taipei Event, 21 January 2017)

Dear All,

I think Google think either we're all very smart or maybe we're just not smart enough to understand the way they think with the rsvp that was sent out to us. 

Plus, how come they send a mass mail in English and then make us read a bunch of Chinese in the registration process??  So we surely have to be bilingual, literate and smart enough to comprehend all that. 

Sorry we're all in the same boat. Guess all like minds think alike. Let's enjoy our weekend anyway. 

Level 6

Re: 在地嚮導挑戰:台北,2017年1月21日 (Local Guides Challenge: Taipei Event, 21 January 2017)

沒有收到邀請代表 不能參加囉?

Level 2

Does anyone know the secret location? 

@Chia HungN wrote:

我也是遇到一樣的問題,原本很興奮的邀請我老婆要一起參加活動,但是直到昨天才找到這個論壇,詢問後才知道我無法參加,而我是早在去年12/21就回覆要參加,相信應該很多人是一收到邀請函,就馬上回填表格。而邀請函明白的寫著“you are invited to Taipei event“, 任何人都會認為自己已經有了參加活動的資格,只是Google再等大家的回函,所以絕對不是文化或是英文的問題,除非這句話可以被解釋成只是獲得註冊registration的意思,很遺憾的信件上並沒有讓人可以聯想到這層意思。

現在卻因為位子不夠無法參加,如果早一個星期以前通知我們,我想大家都可以諒解,而不是還要自己爬文再詢問才能得知結果,我想這是這次活動最讓人批評的地方。

當然也是祝福今天有機會參加的朋友,可以有個美好的聚會,讓台灣的Google Map 能夠更好!

Level 8

現場更新,請看

Level 2

這是華山嗎

@YK1001 wrote:

現場更新,請看

Level 5

所以這是代表我們都可以去現場了嗎?

@YK1001 wrote:

現場更新,請看

Level 3

我也是早早報名好但是沒收到任何回覆的人...而且直到半小時前要出發了才發現這篇文章...

所以我現在還要出門嗎???

@WendyH wrote:

所以這是代表我們都可以去現場了嗎?

@YK1001 wrote:

現場更新,請看

@WendyH wrote:

所以這是代表我們都可以去現場了嗎?

@YK1001 wrote:

現場更新,請看

Level 5

是可以直接去嗎?

Level 4

Very funny, the event that actually google invited us to go and ask us to put in calendar just beeped in my agenda. LOL

I really don't understand how google allow this ridiculous way to work and this bad marketing. 

I don't really think that the problem is sending the mail English and the attendance in Chinese, i mean, at the event they will probably speak Chinese and this is a "local" event, so speaking and reading chinese may be a  must.  The problem is that actually google allowed not professionals to plan an event where the guests that were invited cannot go, not even having the politeness to warn in advance. Is like my time worths less than theirs...really?

Politeness, professionalism and respect. These are the values that google missed with today's event.

Level 5

@TerranceS wrote:

I stumbled upon the secret location...台北紅館 at huashan creative park. They claim to only have 200 spots and it was done on a first come first served basis. They did not acknowledge issues with their RSVP system.  The on-site staff seemed to be from Taiwan so I don't think language is an issue.

Is it first come first served? no need any confirmation letter?