AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: 在地嚮導挑戰:台北,2017年1月21日 (Local Guides Challenge: Taipei Event, 21 January 2017)

You may improve the notification of activity, and do it better next.

Wish tonight's  summit a great success.

Level 5

Re: 在地嚮導挑戰:台北,2017年1月21日 (Local Guides Challenge: Taipei Event, 21 January 2017)

I RSVP'd (filled out the form) for this event back in December and never got a confirmation message or status update. I used this Google account for LG and registration. While I was looking forward to attending the event, it seems like I'll be missing out.

I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of confusion over this event, with some people waiting at the "secret location" GPS tag from the original invitation... I only just worked it out that you guys probably did not intend for people to meet up at some  random intersection in the middle of Taipei... so it was a bit irresponsible of you guys to put a GPS tag in the invitation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same situationQQ

Is it too late?

[REDACTED]

Level 4

Hey guys,

I am looking at all of these messages and, at first place, i thought it was only me having issues with the unprofessionality and the lack of respect for the people that actually expected a spot in this event for months, planning this day for a long time.

I don't think we are in front  of a cultural conflict here but a lack of skill in organization and the delivery of information.

Step 1: receive the winning email (i mean...YOU WIN), win means that you get a price...not just the lie of winning it

Congrats on Winning the Local Guides Challenge!
Thank you for making Google Maps better for everyone. Thanks to the contributions you made this October, you and a guest are invited to join us at our exclusive event in Taipei.

We won the event, it means that the spot should be reserved (i don't invite someone at the party if i don't have the chair for him)

You are invited but we don't have a spot...O.o 

Step 2: RSVP before 11Jan

We clearly registered to the email having the confirmation saying: "you already confirm to attend the event"

Step 3:

Plan the day to go

Step 4: 

Don't hear from anyone for 3 (three) i mean, 3 months waiting to receive the location and 3 hrs before the start of the event you begin wondering what's happened so, we ask around hoping to have an answer:

Step 5, you get the answer:

"Hi, 

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately we have limited capacity at the event, and were unable to confirm a spot for you. If there are any cancellations, we will notify you.

Thank you for being a Local Guide.

Thank you,
The Local Guides Team"

Step 6, start wondering: are these people professionals, do they really value your time?

Wait...your email is saying, you won the challenge, your confirmation says "you already confirm to attend the event". So we are in front of a dilemma here...i keep receiving mail from google saying: "hey, be professional, take professional pictures, write good reviews, value time discovering around"...the point is, why should i treasure this values if the people that work for google are the first that don't treasure it?

I do think that the organization of this event is mostly a disappointment for the guides who worked hard for making google map a better resource.

Thanks for the feedback, we will do better next time...next?

Level 5

So even if I replied to the RSVP on the 21st of Dec and received a confirmation letter, I am still not guaranteed a spot for the event?

I actually invited someone to come to the event with me and now I feel bad that I get no sort of communication to tell me that I cannot participate in the event and arranged my schedule around this gathering.

Level 4

Hello @WendyH,

yes, i invited someone as well and i guess you can understand how guilty and sorry i feel for the person i invited. 

Level 3

為了這個活動我邀請了人,而且還把原訂行程都改了,特地從台南趕回台北

說真的是滿令人感到失望,12月就通知登記,然後再來講音訊全無,也不是貪圖什麼小便宜,只是這種方式會讓人覺得一定能夠參加。

能夠發訊息請人參與,相信也可以發通知信告知沒有抽到位子。

這樣可以讓人能夠儘早安排,我想會是個比較理想的作法,是嗎?

Level 4

@CharlieC i am really sorry to hear about this,

as you, i modified my trip back to Taiwan from Italy in order to attend this event. I really think this is so disrespectful for all of the people that arranged time for the event WE WERE INVITED to.

Level 3

我也是遇到一樣的問題,原本很興奮的邀請我老婆要一起參加活動,但是直到昨天才找到這個論壇,詢問後才知道我無法參加,而我是早在去年12/21就回覆要參加,相信應該很多人是一收到邀請函,就馬上回填表格。而邀請函明白的寫著“you are invited to Taipei event“, 任何人都會認為自己已經有了參加活動的資格,只是Google再等大家的回函,所以絕對不是文化或是英文的問題,除非這句話可以被解釋成只是獲得註冊registration的意思,很遺憾的信件上並沒有讓人可以聯想到這層意思。

現在卻因為位子不夠無法參加,如果早一個星期以前通知我們,我想大家都可以諒解,而不是還要自己爬文再詢問才能得知結果,我想這是這次活動最讓人批評的地方。

當然也是祝福今天有機會參加的朋友,可以有個美好的聚會,讓台灣的Google Map 能夠更好!

Level 2

Hey everyone, 

I just wanted to say I'm in the same boat and feel the frustration everyone else is feeling. I thought being invited, RSVPing, and getting confirmed meant that this event held by Google would be properly organized. So I waited patiently for the details that never came..