General Discussion

搬到

LG Challenge 2016

為何不是

LG Challenge 2017 ??

是有甚麼特別用意呢?

原來如此, 不是以事發當時為主.... 謝謝解答

Level 8

Re: 在地嚮導挑戰:台北,2017年1月21日 (Local Guides Challenge: Taipei Event, 21 January 2017)

@FedericoM, well said!  I had been thinking highly of Google until 1/21/2017 even though I still prefer their products and services to Apple's.  I am sorry but I have to say it's really a shame on Google regarding the organization of this event!  We respect Google's right on the number of participants allowed in any event, but paying no respect to people and their time by keeping people in the dark is not only subpar but totally unprofessional!

@FedericoM wrote:

Hey guys,

I am looking at all of these messages and, at first place, i thought it was only me having issues with the unprofessionality and the lack of respect for the people that actually expected a spot in this event for months, planning this day for a long time.

I don't think we are in front  of a cultural conflict here but a lack of skill in organization and the delivery of information.

Step 1: receive the winning email (i mean...YOU WIN), win means that you get a price...not just the lie of winning it

Congrats on Winning the Local Guides Challenge!
Thank you for making Google Maps better for everyone. Thanks to the contributions you made this October, you and a guest are invited to join us at our exclusive event in Taipei.

We won the event, it means that the spot should be reserved (i don't invite someone at the party if i don't have the chair for him)

You are invited but we don't have a spot...O.o 

Step 2: RSVP before 11Jan

We clearly registered to the email having the confirmation saying: "you already confirm to attend the event"

Step 3:

Plan the day to go

Step 4: 

Don't hear from anyone for 3 (three) i mean, 3 months waiting to receive the location and 3 hrs before the start of the event you begin wondering what's happened so, we ask around hoping to have an answer:

Step 5, you get the answer:

"Hi, 

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately we have limited capacity at the event, and were unable to confirm a spot for you. If there are any cancellations, we will notify you.

Thank you for being a Local Guide.

Thank you,
The Local Guides Team"

Step 6, start wondering: are these people professionals, do they really value your time?

Wait...your email is saying, you won the challenge, your confirmation says "you already confirm to attend the event". So we are in front of a dilemma here...i keep receiving mail from google saying: "hey, be professional, take professional pictures, write good reviews, value time discovering around"...the point is, why should i treasure this values if the people that work for google are the first that don't treasure it?

I do think that the organization of this event is mostly a disappointment for the guides who worked hard for making google map a better resource.

Thanks for the feedback, we will do better next time...next?

Level 2

Re: 在地嚮導挑戰:台北,2017年1月21日 (Local Guides Challenge: Taipei Event, 21 January 2017)

估計臺灣谷歌的工作人員都 "自自冉冉" 的放年假去了吧.....  一點要出來負責的跡象都沒有...

不過, 樓主 (我是不好意思直接指名道姓.....) 今天既然出來把討論串搬了一個位置, 從一般討論區搬到現在這個區, 難不成只搬移不看內容? 還是說, 看了內容但不想進行處理?..... 

Level 2

Re: Bad Communication for Jan 21, 2017 Taipei Local Guide Event

@FedericoM wrote:

Please guys, post your stories at the link (https://www.facebook.com/Angry-google-guides-238162463295975), when we have an archive of the stories we will go further:

Write chinese or english

@FedericoM 你忘了張貼你自己的故事上去.....

Level 5

Actually I don't think Google will not care our feeling. But if we can't get all the 170 angry people go to their google map to rate Google USA as one star only and put their comment, then we can increase the chance to get a fair explanation

Level 7

據個人觀察, Google Maps Team 在台灣並無工作人員。去年9月起的一連串活動是由新加坡的 @YanniY 主辦,她的用心加上 Google Taiwan 的支持,獲得 Google Local Guides 的一致好評,也推升台灣 Local Guides 的人數及能量,一舉讓台北奪下 Local Guides Challenge 世界第一名的寶座。

此次Taipei Event應是由印尼主辦,在本討論串可看到 @JeslynL 及 @AradhanaB ,可惜由於連絡上的一連串錯誤,送出 RSVP 回應的 Local Guides 未收到不能參加的通知。當日活動開始後,數十名以上 Local Guides 及其同伴才發現無法參加,慶功活動轉為失望與憤怒,對 Google 的聲譽造成重大打擊。

建議 Google 未來能檢討舉辦活動的SOP,或委託專業公開團隊執行,以防止未來類似事件的發生。

Level 3

1/21 在地響導場次 約我們在101碰面 卻被貴公司爽約

我被邀請並請我在1/21至某指定地點集合(如下),結果指定時間我及其他一群人在台北101旁邊等待

從晚上1830~1900都沒有人來招待引領我們

那天還是寒流的天氣

為什麼這麼大的公司做這種事?

Image 1.jpg

Level 2

這件事情到現在估計船過水無痕了...... 

Connect Moderator

Re: 1/21 在地響導場次 約我們在101碰面 卻被貴公司爽約

Hi @KenF, your email seems to be the initial email distributed to eligible Local Guides in Taipei. Did you ever receive an actual confirmation to attend the event, with the exact address?

In any case, I'm sorry you missed out on the party. Hopefully you'll be able to attend future Local Guides events in Taipei!

Former Google Contributor

大家好,我們在一月21日(星期六) 於台北所舉辦的「Google在地嚮導挑戰 」,獲得了踴躍的迴響。四星期前我們所發出的邀請函反應熱烈,台北在地嚮導們的熱情遠超出我們的想像!

但很不幸、也讓我們感到非常抱歉的是,我們的活動平台網站出了謬誤,導致系統無法接收到許多台北在地嚮導所回覆的活動參與確認信件。由於這些優秀的嚮導們之後便無法收到我們後續發出的信件,我們瞭解這帶來了相當不愉快的經驗和感受。對於我們所造成的困惑和不便,我們在此表達最深的歉意。

台北在地嚮導對Google地圖和全球在地嚮導社群所作出的貢獻是卓越且無價的,我們也想藉此機會感謝各位長期以來的支持,以及所提供的各種想法、建議,讓在地嚮導社群變得更好。

謝謝。

Ara,謹代表 在地嚮導團隊。

On Saturday, 21 January we organized a Local Guides Challenge event in Taipei. The response to the invitation we sent out 4 weeks ago was terrific, and – frankly speaking – even more enthusiastic than we expected.

Unfortunately, there was a bug on our event platform, and some of the RSVPs from our Local Guides in Taipei weren’t captured. This led to a very unpleasant experience for some of our fantastic Local Guides in Taipei, who didn’t receive the email we had intended for them. We sincerely apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this has caused.

Local Guides in Taipei and beyond – your contribution to Google Maps and the Local Guides Community is invaluable, and we’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support, for your ideas, and for making the Local Guides community great.

Thank you,

Ara on behalf of the Local Guides Team