Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

World Wide Hospital Edit Walk

World Wide Hospital Edit Walk

Lagos

Bode thomas Area of Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria

Meeting point before going out is Leisure Mall Surulere.

February 03, 2018 @ 10:00 (WAT)

Hello Local Guides and Welcome to The Worldwide Hospital Edit Walk. This initiative is a community self driven idea by we Local Guides been put in place to help our community by providing quality contributions to the Google maps to help people in our community in times of need. On this day our focal point would be to add hospitals & medical centres on Google Maps. No matter wherever you are in the world we encourage you to join hands and make an impact in your community by providing useful information about hospitals & medical centres in your community. No contribution is too small. Even if it's just by adding, answering questions, edit and inputting a photo all are welcome and appreciated, because no matter our little your contribution is, it can actually help people in times of need to either locate, know about or have an overview about the place. The kick off date is February 3rd 2018 we encourage you all to participate either by joining or creating a Meetup. To know how to create or organize a Meetup, please visit this useful link found on the LocalGuides homepage: https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/how-to After participating in the Meetup we would be gathering some statistics to actually have an overview how the event went, so I would be encouraging you to share some details in this form here: https://goo.gl/forms/8XWADklIOzsrpvTf1 Thank you for joining in and if you have any questions please don't fail to ask.

RSVP here

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Leisure Mall Surulere Lagos, Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Lagos, Nigeria
72 comments
Connect Moderator

worldwide Hospital Edit and Review Challenge

Hospital is one of the emergency facilities we cannot run from. and it is a thing of a joy for someone to find what he or she is looking for when in need of that the most.

for this i'm challenging you all to come and help someone to locate Hospital in your area; by adding, editing or making a review.

this will boost your point and you will be happy that you help someone in need.

who is ready for this? lets go...

@HelloSamsonR @SanyaOdare @OSAMA @KarenVChin @Osaka78forTRUMP @TManojK @Justine2807 @LaxmiG1

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

Re: worldwide Hospital Edit and Review Challenge

I totally agree your point and I'm already into this very recently 🙂 @Sagir it's really good to know that you too feel the same way I feel 🙂 @Sagir

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 9

2018 is challenging year bro @Sagir 🙂

i accept the challenge 😉

@HelloSamsonR what do you think ??

Level 10

@OSAMA wrote:

2018 is challenging year bro @Sagir 🙂

i accept the challenge 😉

@HelloSamsonR what do you think ??

Of course @OSAMA this is a great stuff. @Sagir Count me in.

Connect Moderator

Wonderful @Sagir! Woo Hoo!! Great to read that you are wanted to kick off 2018 right by creating here on Connect a Worldwide Local Guides Community challenge. 

I highly recommend you define, plan and create your Worldwide Hospital Edit and Review  Challenge Meet-up using the easy online Local Guides Meet-up Tools.  I also recommend that you expand your WorldWide Edit and Review Challenge to include medical clinics, doctor's offices, etc. since there a limited number of hospitals in a city.

Each Local Guide community who decides to join your challenge will create their own meet-up event invite using this tool.  You should also pick a start and end date for your Challenge. 

Successful Worldwide Challenges usually happen over a 2 day weekend because not every community can do it on the same day and having it on a weekend you will get more Local Guides willing to participate.

I highly recommend you review and study the active What Are Your Tips for 1st Time Meet-up Hosts board.  It's a great Local Guides  Connect resource to learn what works and doesn't work when creating meet-ups. 

Finally, three mega "rock star" Local Guides who have organized and hosted very successful Worldwide meet-ups last year are @HelloSamsonR  @OSAMA (thanks guys for already "cheering" Sagir on), and @BudionoS. They are awesome Local Guides to know and are fantastic resources in learning how to create fun, high impact Worldwide Local Guides meetup events. Just ask for help. They can direct you to each of their Worldwide Meet-up boards here on Connect and help provide you their insight of what worked and didn't work for them. 

The key to hosting a fun, successful Worldwide event is being organized, motivating, friendly and helpful. 

Unfortunately, or fortunately, here in the United States, especially where I live in San Francisco, there is rarely any "adding" or "editing" hospitals to Google Maps because we already have Street View photos on Google Maps.  The information rarely changes and Google Maps clearly is marked where the hospitals, medical clinics, and doctor's offices are. 

I've already reviewed my local hospitals and medical office buildings in my city. 

I look forward to seeing and reading your Worldwide Challenge recap here on Connect.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Without Friends inspiring and encouraging we can't success in hosting WW Meetups or challenges @KarenVChin 😄

Your comment must be a separate Thread 🙂

Very helpful and informative and before all it's motivational 🙂

Connect Moderator

Ahh @OSAMA, you are Mr. Local Guides Connect.  You took on and hosted a WW Meet-up last year with smashing success. You have the pearls of wisdom to share, not I.

Cheers,

Karen

@OSAMA wrote:

Without Friends inspiring and encouraging we can't success in hosting WW Meetups or challenges @KarenVChin 😄

Your comment must be a separate Thread 🙂

Very helpful and informative and before all it's motivational 🙂

Level 9

Plus you know how to make even Osama blush  @KarenVChin :-))))

🎖💎Karen 💎🎖

You are one of the World Hidden Gems 💎

Connect Moderator

@Sagir I am ready!!  

Thanks for this idea share.  Otherwise I am regularly try to edit any Missing info on maps.  Hospital edits are most important than others.

Happy Guiding!!!