Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

White Night walk

White Night walk

Melbourne Museum

Melbourne Museum, 11 Nicholson St, Carlton VIC 3053, Australia

February 16, 2017 @ 13:00

White Night is Melbourne's premier 7pm to 7am arts festival ranging from lit sculptures to performers to scenes projected on buildings. The event is enormous and in the first few hours very difficult to move around. Our group will be meeting at midnight at Melbourne Museum. We'll sample that precinct then move in s loop down through the CBD to Birrurung Marr stopping at as many of the sets as possible to both enjoy and photograph. We'll finish with a breakfast someplace down near Flinders Street before we take leave. It's impossible to keep a big group together but small groups work well. Depending on how many people show we'll likely split into groups of up to six and have several meeting points to catch up again during the night.

RSVP here

10 comments
Level 9

Re: White Night walk

Wow!  This looks like a fun one @PaulPavlinovich!  Have fun and take lots of pictures 😄

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Connect Moderator

Always do @KimberlyAnnG it's quite an amazing festival. Each subsequent year has failed to live up to the first year but this is year 4 and they're still learning. The first year they planned for 100,000 people and got about 1,000,000 but that was part of the fun. I think 1.5M came last year.

Level 9

Oh WOW!  That's crazy!  One of those events I'd go to just to be there and swim in the human tide!!  Should be lots of characters to take photos of too.

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Connect Moderator

The CrushThe Crush

This will give you some idea @KimberlyAnnG this is the main North/South street through Melbourne. As you can see its just a little bit full of people.

Level 5

Isn't the White Night on Saturday night, so date for event should be 19 Feb starting at midnight?

Level 6

I was living overseas for most of the other White Nights in my home town so only heard about it, guess it's time to experience it!

I probably won't last until breakfast but it sounds like fun.  I have some gear I would like to try out (Zhiyun Crane gimbal) as well as my 360 HDR panoramic gear, I want to see if I can get the settings right so that it works without turning all the people into exposure bracketed ghosts.

Connect Moderator

@RohitB yes technically, but people know it as the 18th, White Night itself starts at 7pm on the 18th and finishes at 7am on the 19th.

Note that the GLG Connect Event is now showing the right date (it wasn't before).

Connect Moderator

Sounds like some cool gear @Adam_Melbourne at White Night you often don't have much room to manoeuvre (i.e. none) so take that into account.

Regards

Paul

Connect Moderator

White Night Meetup

Saturday at midnight (well, ok I guess it's really Sunday) the Melbourne Local Guides are meeting up at the Nicholson Street carpark entrance to Melbourne Museum where we will meander southwards through the exhibits.

*White Night Photowalk Itinerary*

They are in order from left to right, top to bottom.

Itinerary Document