BrianC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Where are all the toronto meetups

Where are all the meetup's in toronto.I can't seem to find any..without meetup's what was rhe point in getting to level 5..furthermore it makes getting to be a level 5 invitee unattainable

Toronto, ON, Canada
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Where are all the toronto meetups

Hello @BrianC

If you are interested in attending a meetup - join the community - Google Local Guides Toronto

Our meet-up are listed in the Google Local Guides Toronto - Events

Congrats on level 5 - don’t forget to introduce yourself to the community - Google Local Gudies Toronto - Introduce Yourself

Look forward to seeing you at a meet-up

Richard Trus

Co-Moderator - Google Local Guides Toronto

Google Trusted Photographer

National Geographic Photographer

Former Google Contributor

Hi @BrianC! I was going to let you know that there is a very active community in Toronto but @RichardTrus beat me to it. 🙂

On top of joining the unofficial Toronto Local Guides community, you can also search the community in Connect for mentions of "Toronto" to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. You will be able to find posts by other Local Guides who are looking to organise a meet-up as well. Feel free to jump into these threads and express your interest. Tips and step-by-step guidance on organising a meet-up can be found here.

Richard, have you submitted your meet-up details in our newly-launched meet-up site? I really recommend you to! 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

@JeslynL it looks awesome - we'll be using it to post our March meetups.

Look forward to seeing new faces at our next meetup.

Richard Trus

Co-Moderator - Google Local Guides Toronto

Google Trusted Photographer

National Geographic Photographer

Level 9

I agree. Im on my way to level 5 but thought there was a lot of level 5 guides in Toronto.

@BrianC wrote:

Where are all the meetup's in toronto.I can't seem to find any..without meetup's what was rhe point in getting to level 5..furthermore it makes getting to be a level 5 invitee unattainable

Level 2
Level 2

Hi, all. I've been getting to know Local Guides Connect and checking out the help posts regarding Toronto meetups. It's been quite the learning curve, perhaps because I expected there to be some -- even a lot -- of meetups in 2017 and especially during  Map Your World Week (March 13-19). However, other than the meetup I posted there are no additional events listed at the link below, including the Pickering event I recall reading about. [This latter event is obviously not found in a "toronto" search...]

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup

Cheers, Ed

Level 9

Hi Ed

Did you see the meet up planned for March 18 at 2pm on Bond St?

Level 2
Level 2

Yep. 🙂    I'll contact you about it... -Ed

Level 8

Hi Ed,

You're right. I even posted the Pickering meet-up to the Toronto Local Guides group on G+ as I thought some Toronto peeps would want to come, but it must have not worked or been removed. Still somewhat new to working with G+...

Hope you guys will find it and sign up!

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/pickering-village-lunch

Foodie and photography lover

Allison