HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: What are your tips for first-time meet-up hosts?

Gracias @PaDeSSo!, tomaremos tus consejos muy en cuenta. Saludos!!!

Level 9

Good day, I want to host a meet-up 🙂 thanks for the Info's , it is helpful for me, will try my local guide meetup soon

Level 7

Wow... great information 🙂 @HelloJess Thanks Jess for creating the thread 

I'll finally host my first meet-up this August, in fact I'll be hosting 4 meet-ups across 4 major cities in India in next coming months. I call it "LG India Kick off" 🙂

Thanks folks for the inspiration.

Please have a look at the meet-up I am gonna host. I would love to hear from you guys

Level 8

Level 8

😆 what a great moment having a meet up

Level 8

Good tips, especially #2 when no one shows up.  My first Local Guides connect event was hosted by someone and no one showed up...not even the host.  It was very disheartening.  It got me wondering if it was worth hosting an even myself if there was such poor representation.  Then again, time and chance happen to us all.  Encouraging to read that no-show ups is a brand new thing.  

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

My #1 tip is have fun. Every meetup is valuable, whether it be a couple of people getting together to update local maps, enjoy a coffee or meal or take on a geowalk/photowalk. Don't try to start too big, think about what might be fun - chat to other Local Guides to get ideas and to thrash out your own. Once you've got something create your meetup at https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup but you cannot relax just yet. Now start to post about your meetup on every social channel you've got to enthuse people to join you. Invite both Local Guides and others. The best way to make others become Local Guides is get them interested via a meetup. 24 hours before your meetup post out a reminder recapping the meet point, time and purpose of the meetup. At this time you can't contact people who have joined your meetup but I think that's a common request so cross your fingers and it might appear eh @HelloJess?

Get to your meetup point early (I usually fail at this!!) and use something like a printed Local Guides Powered By Us Logo to help people find you. Greet everyone and introduce yourself and start your meetup. At the end I like to get feedback on how things could be better next time.

My #2 tip is never give up, sometimes no-one shows up to a meetup, that's ok, enjoy the day and do it anyway. 

Regards Paul

Looking forward to my first hosted session soon!

Level 6
Level 6

What are your tips for first-time meet-up hosts in kerala,india ?

Please share your valuable suggestions and tips for first-time meet-up hosts in kerala,india

Connect Moderator

Re: What are your tips for first-time meet-up hosts in kerala,india ?

Hi @ov 

Please check this thread. Many Local Guides have shared his/her veluable suggetions. 

What are your Tips for first time meetup hosts.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/What-are-your-tips-for-first-time-meet-up-hosts/...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thanks for your suggestion @PaulPavlinovich. I thoroughly enjoyed my first ever google photo walk under your capable leadership. It as a most memorable occassion. Hope to follow in your footsteps. 

Connect Moderator

You will have a great time. I would do your global walk a bit later as this isn't really enough time to plan a walk, submit the meetup and get some people to come via your socials and Melbourne Local Guides.

Regards

Paul