HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: What are your tips for first-time meet-up hosts?

Am really happy to see this topic @HelloJess and the contributions of top local guides. For a beginner like me this is really helpful. I have attended and participated in a few meetups here with Minna Local Guides and the meetups were great, am glad i did join this platform and am enjoying every bit of it. I hope to host a meet up too very soon.

Thanks guys.

I love this pic from @br14n1's latest meet-up!I love this pic from @br14n1's latest meet-up!

Level 7

Thank for response @HelloJess Even I cant see the replies , thats what the problem is -Screenshot_20170605-160438.png

The link I have mentioned in above comment. I can open the link , but my post was not showed in 'Lets Meet-up' Board. But no problem @HelloJess I have created new post similar to previous one and no issues now -> https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/Recap-Dindigul-Fort-Explore-Photowalk/m-p/301427...

Level 5

Yeah you are right @PaulPavlinovich and its a good one. Was just say though. I guess my thoughts was coming from some experiences due to the nature of things here. All the same nice one bro.

Level 8

This is a very useful topic @HelloJess as many LGs will be able to learn new things. For me too, although I organised one Meet up, I was not perfect. Looking forward to many valuable comments

Level 8

This is very difficult to organize a meet up in Lahore Pakistan . Guys Please Tell me any body did real local guides meetup in lahore

before ? Please tell me . Thanks

Keep Smiling Stay Blessed,
Your Well Wisher,
Muhammad Usman

Level 6

@HelloJess, como puedo encontrar a LG cercanos. Existe alguna forma?

Former Google Contributor

Hi @CairoG! There are a few ways. I would first search Connect for other posts where Local Guides have mentioned your city. I would also recommend posting on the "Let's Meet-Up!" board to see if there are others near you. Make sure to tag your location in the post so that it shows up on the homepage for those in your area. You can also take a look at this map of unofficial Local Guides communities to see if there's one near you.

I hope that helps!

Level 6

Estimada @HelloJess, si, realmente aparecen dos estrellas indicando que hay dos comunidades en Nicaragua, pero como dije antes no entiendo cómo hacer para contactarles. Haré lo que me dices de publicar en Connect a ver si es posible de esa forma

@HelloJess wrote:

Hi @CairoG! There are a few ways. I would first search Connect for other posts where Local Guides have mentioned your city. I would also recommend posting on the "Let's Meet-Up!" board to see if there are others near you. Make sure to tag your location in the post so that it shows up on the homepage for those in your area. You can also take a look at this map of unofficial Local Guides communities to see if there's one near you.

I hope that helps!

. Gracias por responder.

Level 9

Good morning Sir 

Yes..need some experience..but it is true that..MAN IS A SOCIAL ANIMAL..Sharing my own experience 2 my friends..o

MY SELF A OIL & GAS ENGINEER..&  traditional  Indian Yoga& meditation,teacher.

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

@IsaacMarcus I'm guessing you are referring to covering guests expenses. If I am personally organising a meetup I'm afraid I am not so desperate for company to pay people to come. I organise meetups that are contextual and interesting so people will come along and enjoy themselves. If people do not want to come then that's fine with me they don't have to!

Regards

Paul

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

@IsaacMarcus I'm guessing you are referring to covering guests expenses. If I am personally organising a meetup I'm afraid I am not so desperate for company to pay people to come. I organise meetups that are contextual and interesting so people will come along and enjoy themselves. If people do not want to come then that's fine with me they don't have to!

Regards

Paul

my start yoga 4 all ...program. first time.. I told my students & client..  I am doing first time..pl..help..today I am making  money & friendships. Tell truth.. & start smart way

Regads 

Level 4

Does Google or somebody pays for local guides meeting or any benefits of being a local guides pls help me.

@HelloJess wrote:

Five meet-ups, @Anonymous? That's impressive. I really like your advice about checking your meet-up location out ahead of time. This is also important if you want to host a meet-up at a cafe or restaurant.

@HelloJess wrote:

Five meet-ups, @Anonymous? That's impressive. I really like your advice about checking your meet-up location out ahead of time. This is also important if you want to host a meet-up at a cafe or restaurant.