HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: What are your tips for first-time meet-up hosts?

@HelloJess Awesome question, and thanks for inspiring a great discussion!

My biggest tip is to bring along someone you're 100% sure will show up, like your best friend...or your mom...or your little brother... and even if they're not too interested in Google Maps (or maybe especially if they're not). Especially with new meetup hosts, then there's a danger that not many other people will show up. New people usually haven't figured out how to advertise their meetups very well. So as long as you have someone that you know will show up, then your meetup will be a success.

Oh, and my other advice is to do something for the meetup that you would have fun doing by yourself. I always try to think, "well, if nobody shows up, would I do this anyway?" And, then I make a plan to do it anyway, whether it's just me, or whether it's 20 people. That also helps me to do a reality check if the meetup would be fun for other people, too.

I guess you can tell that my biggest fear is people not showing up for my meetups 🙂

Level 2

Many other are experts in hosting meet-up I wanted to know about the event and Good local guides how to work on it & I'm  interested in it so please help me by meeting up or by mailing me about the topic.

Thank you 

Level 6

@Shaheed_Sk wrote:

Many other are experts in hosting meet-up I wanted to know about the event and Good local guides how to work on it & I'm  interested in it so please help me by meeting up or by mailing me about the topic.

Thank you 

In order not to lose time if it was limited, I suggest alternative plans if the hosting fails or there is reason to worry.

Level 9

Wow great tips @PaulPavlinovich

I am hosting my first ever meetup this Sunday .And these tips of yours make it easier .

Thank-you 

Peace✌️

Level 9

@HelloJess  these are my tips to host a meetup

@Tip #1 Check the weather conditions of the place you gonna meetup

#2 when you are good with tip 1 tell the local guides clearly what you are going To do in this  Meetup like photo walk /geo walk,maping etc.

3#Tell.the local guides how to reach your meetup location like providing details of transit and local trains timings and cost.

#4 Tell local guides what all to bring with them like water bottle,sunglasses and hat 

#5 share your meetup in social media so even your friends can give you a company.

Level 5

Sorry if I missed this somewhere on the (long) thread - but how do I find other guides & events close to me? I'm new to Connect, and would love to meet others in the area where I live or where I travel. Thanks!

Level 10

You could do  key word search for your city or suburb in the meet ups or discussion sections and see what turns up. 

Or start a discussion post with mention of your city etc and see who responds. From there your official local Google moderators will notice you and reach out to you as well. And of course others living in your city will notice and respond also. 

If you happen to live in Melbourne Australia the is a 360 walk planned for this afternoon that Paul has organised. 

Cheers,

Maria

Level 8

@JenFromBend   the "Join a Meet-up page" is not very user-friendly actually...  many of us are hoping that sooner rather than later we will be able to select specific Counties, Cities, Towns, and/or Villages for which we wish to receive automatic notifications when there are upcoming events announced.  

I recommend this wish becomes a development priority.

Level 5

@NunungAfuah I am very interested about your meet up last time at Batu. I am from South Borneo, I am a new Local guide, I want to join some meet up, but I don't found that local guide in south borneo,. would you help me , maybe some tips or share about meet up?

Thanks for your attention..

Connect Moderator

@Hzdhani wrote:

@NunungAfuah I am very interested about your meet up last time at Batu. I am from South Borneo, I am a new Local guide, I want to join some meet up, but I don't found that local guide in south borneo,. would you help me , maybe some tips or share about meet up?

Thanks for your attention..

hai @Hzdhani welcome to connect! You may go to bahasa Indonesia board for searching another Indonesia Local Guides. Hope it helps!

Indonesia Local Guides